1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

wikileaks needs your help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Arnie, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I was wrong, blue star and Will were right. You ARE a 12 year old whose fake web identity is an aging father turned gay who lives in the woods. Who would have thunk it.

Listen son, one of the things you learn when you get older is that throwing a tantrum doesn't constitute an argument and doesn't change the meaning of the words you posted in response to my questions. One of your favorite response tactics seems to be, "Oh yeh? Well ... well... you guys are bad!". It sounds a lot like Breeze Wood's favorite responses which always entail something about, "well, the Republicans lead us into Iraq".

Most kids are able to turn the bend, and carry on a more adult like discussions by age 14, so there is hope for you yet. In the mean time, I'll give ya 5 bucks to wash my car.

Obamanation, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We're still trying to figure out yours
    I'm going with "dropped on the head as a baby", but there are several strong arguments for "Mom did LSD during pregnancy" and "ate paint chips during infancy" to consider. By chance do any of your painted toys say "Made in China"?

Guess there are other possible answers to why your moral compass is so screwed up you think a guy that peddles classified docs on the internet for profit is a hero, but I can't come up with any better than the ones proposed.

robjones, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute now... I was not in on that... okay ? You have me mixed up with someone else.

Blue Star Ent., Dec 11, 2010 IP
  4. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Oops. It was Rob and Apocalypse, not you and Will. My bad. Never seen anyone avoid credit for being right ....

5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @Bushranger - for the purpose of maintaining a lil bit of civility please refrain from double posting or triple posting . It's annoying enough to see someone post childish things despite the fact that he's a decent webmaster (makes me doubt the survival chances of the human race) . Otherwise it's gonna get ugly .

ApocalypseXL, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  6. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WikiLeaks is an international new media non-profit organisation that publishes submissions of otherwise unavailable documents from anonymous news sources and news leaks. Its website, launched in 2006, is run by The Sunshine Press. Link

Bushranger, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    The culprit is not being convicted for publishing what was not stolen but for the contents, as the antagonist are using in their argument that is the test of the First Amendment.

A free society once entailed with the information is served by its content and not the reactionaries censorships or even their opinion is why the First Amendment was adopted and necessarily put to print.

The reactionaries in this case have yet to prove their opinion as being more important than the Constitutional protections for a free society irregardless the ambiguous consequences as an argument for the Amendments repeal. Particularly as the gov't is at fault for the release and content of the information.

Breeze Wood, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  9. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Us helps India get nuclear weapons and imposes sanctions when they are tested? Wow, well don't know what to tell you. Ignorance is bliss but seems like dishonesty is even more blissful.

A few million dollars. Hardly the big picture. All countries (even the poorest) give aid to other counties. If you think the few pennies you send us are out of charity and not self-interest then you need get back on google and do some research.

Helvetii, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are obviously very young and inexperienced.

"non-profit" means that the corporation does not distribute its surplus funds to owners or shareholders. The money taken in goes to running the non-profit organization, which includes paying salaries.

There's nothing preventing a non-profit from paying it's officers outrageous salaries/fees. The non-profit can also "pay" subcontractors that are really fronts for their officers. Believe me, people have become very wealthy running non-profit organizations, so much so that there are many non-profit scams out there. Some don't do much, they just swindle donators by telling them good stories.

There was recently a Democratic Congressman from Pennsylvania, I forget his name, who used a non-profit set up in his home state designed to take bribe money. It looks somewhat dirty, but it's legal by-the-books.

@ApocalypseXL, excellent cite!

Corwin, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  11. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well seeing you're claiming he's rorting, please show me some proof of Julian's wages. Seems you're plucking at straws to me.

Bushranger, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Has Julian been charged for any offenses not related to sex crimes?

A free society entails respecting the ownership of information. Tom Paine owned The Rights of Man and chose to publish it. This was his right. If he had chosen not to publish it, that would be his right also. If you choose to publish your diary, that is your right. If I steal it and publish it myself, I am violating your rights.

This is not a First Amendment issue. The First Amendment protects people's rights to speak their minds, not to steal from other people.

The government is at fault. The Bush Administration made major changes to the U.S. intelligence communities to create information sharing among various organizations. This was a response to slow and inadequate responses by intelligence agencies to identified threats. These changes make more information available to more people than ever before. The changes inside the intel community have been enormous and almost completely positive. The almost is created because the new systems make it easier for enemy agents, which the unwitting Bradley Manning certainly is, to obtain larger collections of classified data than ever before. Overall, the new systems have saved lives. In cases like the Manning incidents, the new systems may have cost lives.

Nevertheless, the government being at fault does not mean that anyone else who is involved is innocent. Bradley and Julian and many other unnamed individuals are also guilty. If you fail to lock the door to your office, that doesn't mean that the thief who robs your office is innocent. Nor does it mean that the fence who buys your office PC from the thief is innocent. You are guilty of negligence, the thief is guilty of burglary, and the fence is guilty of receiving stolen property. The fence may also be an accessory after the fact to the theft.

Will.Spencer, Dec 11, 2010 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Ya Indian scientist figured out by themselves how to make the most complicated device in the world , that was possible due to a strong government that created the backbone for this to happen . Funny that after all those smart governments India is still struggling whit a energy crisis , a population crisis , extreme poverty and more corruption then anyone can imagine .

A lot a millions actually . For the simple fact that you're "leaking" cash of US businesses I wouldn't have made such a post . C'mon Helvetti you're smart enough to post far better arguments .

@Corwin : Thanks Crusader .

14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    What most governments seem to not want people to realize is just how low-tech nuclear weapons are -- by modern standards. You and I could build a functional nuclear weapon if we could only gain access to fissile material to power it.

India got some technology from Canada, some from U.S. companies like Westinghouse, and some from the Soviet Union. They filled in the missing pieces themselves.

15. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    The synchronization of the detonators (the electrics) is extremely hard to make . The fission core is hard to build but doable , the explosive lenses can be done if you have the right stuff and someone whit experience but the high power capacitors and the rest of the electrics are anything but low tech . Whit the advent of the microchip the difficulty has witched to the core and explosives but until recently the electronics where a huge pain impossible to figure out by 99.9999999999999999% of the worlds brainiacs .

16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Are you saying you could now hire some developer from Pakistan for $4.50 an hour and have it done in a week?

17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Life is harder if you use plutonium, particularly low-yield plutonium, but we could build a gun-type uranium fueled bomb without too much trouble.

[​IMG]

Assuming that we don't need the APS-13, because we're not planning an air burst, what non-fissile components couldn't we build or buy?

We'd want to use something more modern than a polonium-beryllium initiator, of course. Lots of options are available. Would it be cheating if we ordered something off the shelf?

Quick, let's call David Hahn for tech support. :D

18. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did not check, but thanks.

Blue Star Ent., Dec 11, 2010 IP
  19. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Why do I have that same uneasy feeling I had when you spit out the recipe for PETN as if from memory....

20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Most human problems can be solved by the appropriate charge of high explosives. -- Blaster in Uncommon Valor

[​IMG]