1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WidgetBucks is looking like a decent adsense replacement

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by swollenpickles, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Sutocu

Sutocu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe most of the sites were removed justly. There were loads of users that didn't even read the FAQ.

Sutocu, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  2. noxious

noxious Peon

Best Answers:
    *some sites were

noxious, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  3. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone notice CTR going down the toilet for 11/16/2007? less than .5% when it is normally 1-3%.

Reticon, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah cos non-US clicks aren't being counted

thsadmin, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  5. hmpargi

hmpargi Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea they have removed sites.. they didnt disable any accounts.. they only banned sites on which wigetbuck ads are and the sites which are abuseing tos.

hmpargi, Nov 16, 2007 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    OMG now look at our stats - now they've updated the US ONLY Crap.
    What a freaking joke !! Oh well atleast I have survived this far and made some of my losses back.

thsadmin, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  7. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    ROFL! - Well the name of this thread has now been proven most definitely WRONG! AdSense on the same sites pulls 1.50-3.00 CPM even with the "foreign" clicks. Now WB is down to .34 CPM. No Joke!

The whole "filtering foreign clicks" thing is a joke. My office in Colorado Springs, CO shows up in Google as Muldovia or something like that. I fooled with the IP2COUNTRY databases, it was only right about half the time. It thought my office was in Sweden. Oh well, atleast I still have Google.

Reticon, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  8. sysop

sysop Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see anything much from Widgetbuck except their advertising server is very slow (sometime producing error on display). Not much from it.

sysop, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this one. They could be tracking your sales to amazon through an custom channels perhaps and if your sites are not selling more then your getting in revenue then I think they are using the "invalid clicks, non us clicks" bans on people.

I mean come on can you validate that they are lying when they ban you for invalid clicks? It's all a numbers game. They keep the ones making them money and kick the ones costing them money.

I still say it would be cheaper and easier for people to run their own amazon/ebay advertisements instead of using them.

Live and learn I guess.

exodus, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  10. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    so amazon brings the commissions, we bring the traffic, and they sit in the middle and collect. LOL... I'll get kicked soon then cause Amazon didn't even make .50 CPM. LOL. Makes me wanna keep them around until they do kick to keep 'em in the red, but I guess they won't be in the red if they never pay me huh? Win and win for them.

What a joke. Is that really their business plan? Mooch both ways, call themselves a PPC and kick non-conversions? It's a shame the courts are run by old folks who can't even begin to comprehend technology. I wonder if someone will fix that some day. The internet is like the old west, folks wandering around and gunning each other down in the streets. I suppose murderers and thieves will get their share in the end no matter what the lawers do.

It may be official, if you can actually make money on WB you'd make more just going straight to the CPA programs. Now lets see how many copycats show up! I'm seriously thinking about it... excerpt from my business plan: "offer $25 signup bonus, run ads until users near payout, if they are not profitable make them profitable by kicking them out...be sure to keep all commissions of course." I haven't actually been kicked out, but I have watched them hack a 3% CTR down to .5%. Where there is no regulation is there any crime? I'm thinking of calling my idea BidgetWucks, anyone wanna sign up? Heck, I'll give you $100 in your account and as long as you make me $101 I'll let you keep it. Sound good?

Reticon, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  11. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My arbitrage has gone to shite - 5-7% to .9% now, freaking pricks. I was sticking up 4 these clowns for so long.

12. mojtata

mojtata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Today i have got 0 widgetbucks clicks .
    My traffic is the same as yesterday.
    Its look like they stop counting click.Over 50% of my traffic is from US and Canada.

mojtata, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  13. FedericaE

FedericaE Peon

Best Answers:
    Attention!
    POVERTY OUTBREAK all across Europe, South America, Australia! (let's leave Africa out of it)
    As been reported by WidgetBucks team, ALL people from these regions are living on the edge of extreme poverty, their bank accounts has been closed, all their credit cards are canceled!
    Please, be kind and donate to all those poor people!
    To donate, click here:
    [​IMG]

FedericaE, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  14. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hahahaha nice.

15. FedericaE

FedericaE Peon

Best Answers:
    Just converting some anger into art. hehe
    Here's another one:
    (similar to their moto "Ads Suck - Our Don't")
    [​IMG]

FedericaE, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  16. scoopy82

scoopy82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here... ;)

Listen... Do I hear their 10 mil investment being flushed down the commode ?

scoopy82, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  17. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    we reckon we'd be p1ssed - what about the investors of $10m.

18. igneous

igneous Peon

Best Answers:
    same here, Im hoping its just a problem right now. I was doing well with it for the past month, and was legit.

igneous, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  19. scoopy82

scoopy82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I still think they are legit... They just grew too big and too fast and ran into too many problems because of all the buzz.

I think they should be concentrating more on damage control at this time... than worrying about those non-US clicks. Yeah... the profits would be down till they fix their traffic problems... but at least they would still have the trust of webmasters and still be making a profit. The way they are handling things now (or NOT) they are going to lose all their publishers. Then they will not have any profits or CPMs to worry about at all.

scoopy82, Nov 17, 2007 IP
  20. noxious

noxious Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! that's awesome.

didnt' WB$ promise $3-5 CPM? when my impressions hit 1k i didn't get any extra money

noxious, Nov 17, 2007 IP