1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WidgetBucks is looking like a decent adsense replacement

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by swollenpickles, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I didn't see where it was, but I can tell you this, if you don't put it in an IFRAME a lot of your traffic will be wasted it is quite slow to load. Also, in more robust configurations that involve a lot of caching and dynamic page construction the iframe allows a lot of better control of what is showing and when.

Reticon, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  2. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW, I'm not big on clicking my own ads, anyone wanna test if they open a new window?

Reticon, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  3. Paki-Webmaster

Paki-Webmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    they are just a scam nothing else so dont try to use it i already got scam by them loosing my 926$

Paki-Webmaster, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Mmm but Paki - what's your country of origin ? why did you get banned ? Because of country of origin I am guessing.

thsadmin, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  5. hash9999

hash9999 Peon

Best Answers:
    widgetbucks some says its a scam some says its good.i have not got payment frm them yet.filled 50$ last month.may be next they are going to pay.

hash9999, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  6. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    You really need to read their FAQS!

swollenpickles, Nov 11, 2007 IP
  7. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, after getting close to a $100 USD, and talking much bla bla bla on these forums, I am getting this

[​IMG]

keep it up widgetbucks... all the best.

dotcompals, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  8. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hype, hype, hype; fraud, fraud, fraud. That's a quick summary of the history of WidgetBucks. They showed fantastic payouts at first (minus an actual monetary deposit, but the numbers sure looked great on the computer screen), and then they either suspend accounts or deduct a huge amount as a "correction." It's fraud, and WidgetBucks is a SCAM. I don't care if the corrections were an honest adjustment based on their actual revenue from those ads, it's still not the way you do business. You don't tell people they've earned $10 in a day and then correct that amount weeks later to $2. I think WB did this on purpose just to drum up hype for their program, which obviously worked. How many people here would have ignored WB if it weren't for the threads on here claiming that they were working better than Adsense? I'm guessing a lot. Let's all learn something from this and move on. I hope everyone who is due money gets a check.

davewashere, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  9. IngaOz

IngaOz Peon

Best Answers:
    This sucks really :( Seems like they are banning those who are close to $100...

IngaOz, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  10. noxious

noxious Peon

Best Answers:
    wow man that's blows, did you get an email or something similar? how many sites did you have WB on?

noxious, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  11. petermike

petermike Member

Best Answers:
    i am having problems with widgetbucks , i think i will remove the ads..

petermike, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  12. thetruth

thetruth Peon

Best Answers:
    Still waiting for anyone to get paid by WB to post proof here.

Words mean nothing, proof is needed.

thetruth, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  13. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, I didn't got any email from widgetbucks.

I have written to them asking the reasons for my account's suspension.( using their website's contact us link) and yet to get reply.

dotcompals, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  14. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    It is definitely pulling down my AdSense CTR as could be expected. So far the finalized numbers seem to be quite a bit lower than the estimates, usually a lot less than half. In the end it's paying similar to AdSense. It'll be interesting to see if they find some reason to drop us since we've been running AdSense for years. Keep posting stats guys, if they are legit they really could save us from the Google monopoly as they are currently the only folks that pay reasonably for PPC, but ... we've seen these fly-by-night programs before. It really seems to have all of the initial characteristics of a CPA (Cost Per Action) program masquerading as a PPC (Pay Per Click) program. They claim to be PPC but then they cut your non-converting clicks which basically makes it a discount CPA. CPA programs work okay on my sites so maybe that's why it seems to be moving okay. In the end the ethical and honest approach would be to admit they are a CPA, I'd still use them so far. Time will tell.

Has anyone had the guts to check if these ads pop a window or not?

Reticon, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah I agree with above, originally I was using Merchsense and it sucked (13-17cents), games, cd's, consoles were also dropping below 5 cents a click, but optimize widgets with PDAs and iPods - they are sticking at around 33cents a click (for me).

thsadmin, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  16. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I'd recommend playing around with the product type. Some are clearly higher than others.

swollenpickles, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  17. Reticon

Reticon Peon

Best Answers:
    be careful. This is what YPN did as well. They allowed you to target niches and then they turned around and punished people when they didn't convert well. Clickability and convertability are quite different and that is the game these guys play, despite claiming to be a PPC program. My bet is that you are more likely to get suspended for some bogus reason if you only target the highest paying niches. Using Merchsense will leave the responsibility on them and likely put you in a more favorable light. This is just a guess.

Reticon, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  18. noxious

noxious Peon

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what I think their reasoning for closing the accounts. They are paying immense money for clicks, but not getting any purchases through the amazon sites, so they ban the accounts.

noxious, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  19. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup - I use most categories (widgets), but I promote my higher range product pages via ad's and links, hence most traffic goes to those widgets.

thsadmin, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  20. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like widget bucks for some sites. Did you read thier faqs, to those that got banned? What kinda site were you running it on? was there any fraud? have you been keeping track of your clicks? I have it on a shopping site I own and it is doing well and I jumped on early. I will see when I get paid, but they havent done anything wierd with my account, but maybe cause i am using it on a site that is relevant to them?
    Just my .02

superrichguy, Nov 14, 2007 IP