1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Widget.php - how do i change wordpress sidebar title?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by fashionreview, Oct 3, 2007.

i have wordpress blogging and need to change a header on my left menu bar. I know it has something to do with altering the widgets.php but am unsure as to which section i need to change. I have read up on wordpress on changing titles of headers in sidebars (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/124725) but am still confused as to what i am meant to do. If you look at my website fashionreview.com.au , i am trying to change the heading "Blogroll" to something else.

Additionally, within the widgets section of wordpress admin, there is no icon for "links" to be changed to another name, thus i must do it altering the code.

anyhelp is greater appreciated. thanks

fashionreview, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look for a file called sidebar.php in your theme directory. Open it and search for "Blogroll". Change and save.

mizaks, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. fashionreview

fashionreview Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply, but i have already done that. However, when i change the side bar php, it cannot be updated automatically as at the moment, it runs a dynamic script meaning that any changes made using wordpress admin, will automatically be reflected on the webpage.

If i change the sidebar php, i lose the script, meaning that any changes i make in the wordpress admin for the sidebar wont be updated. Therefore i need to change the widgets php that controls the sidebar script but i dont know where to change the blogroll title!

fashionreview, Oct 3, 2007 IP