1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you shouldn't be using Yoast to calculate keyword density.... Seriously

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Franklin Hatchett, May 25, 2015.

I'm just going to get right to it... Yoast is completely crap and you shouldn't be using it to determine your final keyword density. I say this because I've been doing a lot of site audits for people recently and Jesus christ I've seen some high density, complete website killers that google will bitch slap you for. It's not our fault, Yoast can only calculate what's in the <body> tag.. only just.

Most people would already know this and some will tell me I don't know what I'm talking about so I'll just go through it with some images.

First let's looks at the final Yoast density for one of my niche websites.

[​IMG]

Now let's look at the real density.

[​IMG]

Massive difference. Now let's look at the final Page density. Including page titles and whatever else it picks up on that page like SEO titles etc.

[​IMG]

So we have Yoast telling us the body density is 0.66%, But really It's 3.0%. Then we have a total of 4.4% because Yoast doesn't calculate titles etc.

Anyhow, if you're serious about ranking and on-page SEO then I suggest finding a good website audit program or pay someone to do it. Can you imagine the real density of the pages people optimise to 2.0%+ with Yoast.... The real numbers are cringe worthy. I can't speak for any other plugin because I haven't used them, I just use Yoast as a guideline while typing.

Franklin Hatchett, May 25, 2015 IP