1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why You Should Be Using Engagement Groups for Instagram Growth

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by aduseia, Sep 11, 2017.

Hello all,

Often times there is debate about what social platform is "best" and I just feel it depends on what you're going for, every platform has its advantages. With 700 million active users monthly on IG, I think it's a great avenue for anyone who shares niche based content (i.e, Food/Fitness, Art, Photography, DIY, Funny Videos, etc).

For a long time, integrated groups known as "Engagement Groups" have been around allowing their members to get a one up on the sophisticated IG algorithm. I've seen people grow 10's of thousands in months with the use of this technique. So I would highly suggest you guys get to know them and start investigating how it would benefit your accounts.

How do these Engagement Groups work you may ask? So with the updated IG algo (since maybe Mar/Apr 2016) how people are exposed to content has changed from chronological (by when it was posted) to now IG "recommending" certain content based on how "good" the content is. This is determined by Likes, Comments, Saves, etc. So the aim is for groups to comment and like on members posts to "boost" their posts and get it in front of my eyes.

I've recently started one of my own groups based on Photography. We host the group on a free messaging app called Telegram (iOS, Android). Create a username and drop it here and I'd be more than happy to invite you in. If you're not in the Photography niche, still don't hesitate to contact me as I can enlighten you to other groups that would benefit you. It's honestly worth a try. My Telegram is (aduseia) if you have the app already.

What are your guys' thoughts? Do any of you have experiences with Engagement Groups? If so how did you find it? Have you heard of such groups before? Let me know =)

aduseia, Sep 11, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Telegram is a pain - you can't turn off notifications for a single chat group, no slack style reactions so the feed gets clogged with people dropping smiley faces, no sub threads. Uses less data than slack for those not on wifi but generally not up to the job.

sarahk, Sep 11, 2017 IP