1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you of all are fighting?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by kopili, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I am not a directory owner. But I am looking to start this service as everybody is doing here. I have just come in this forum to learn something new event from you of all. But I have noticed that in almost every thread, people are criticizing to each other. Almost everybody is showing own package of knowledge. It's looked like everybody is expert in web.

I think I am in the right place. All of you are experts. I hope you will help me like my friends in future.

Thanks

kopili, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  2. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum.

The in-fighting here has been getting gradually worse for some months now and pretty much all of us have been guilty of it. Hopefully things will improve.

SilkySmooth, Apr 23, 2008 IP
    mikey1090 likes this.
  3. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its kids being kids.......but i do find that most people are friendly and helpful. Only time i see any real fighting is in the dmoz section, so i rarely post in there.

Cheers ;)

snooks, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  4. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Other than General Chat, this forum is one of the few where its full of members with a lot of rep who've been here a long time. We all know each other and have all seen a lot happen and change around here.

It's bound to happen at sometime....

mikey1090, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its just business and opinions, its better than being yes men, its not exclusive to this section, this forum or online, competition, disagreement and strong opinions will always be around.

pipes, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  6. maxchanwl

maxchanwl Banned

Best Answers:
    There's always fighting when there's people around :D

maxchanwl, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  7. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Most directory owners are a-holes. Not me, though :)

Lexiseek, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  8. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
  9. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    I see it like this, there are many directory owners here and on the web, some are proper organisations like mine, but others aren't and run as either hobby sites, scams or just simply wanabees who don't have a clue what they are doing, but want to be seen as some sort of guru, expert etc, as this makes them feel important.

Many aren't the experts they claim and can be checked quite easily, some tell tales signs are: quick to ridicule, too much ego in their posts, insults and too much basic help with nothing beyond that offered, when visiting their directories you will find, bad seo, low PR and Alexa ranking, poor design, non-niche business model, very low submit fees, categories are copied, cheap scripts are used, ideas are unworkable, no proof on the site of any promotion other than very basic link exchange or forum participation, no press involvement, too much heavy url dropping in posts and in signature, often belongs to bad neighbourhoods/networks, may well be banned or heavily penalised by search engines.

But generally speaking these guys lack skill, either business knowledge or web skills, and they seem to enjoy putting down others (you want to see some of the nasty comment I got privately in my member profile and in posts. So their very easy to spot, I try not to get involved, but sometimes they need to be put right on their posts, and they usually take advice or basic criticism as very personal insults and then they let rip swearing, abuse and get their buddies in on the act, as this somehow makes them look credible or expert if they are backed up.

But don't worry about it, as this is common place on all forums and these charlatans never learn. You shouldn't let this put you off posting here as most do know what they are doing, I would say most here know what they are doing to promote online, but few know anything beyond that, unless they are business qualified like myself. Just use your judgement, when believing posters, as some aren't what they portray to be - on all forums and the web.

:)

Event_King, Apr 24, 2008 IP
    milesbparty likes this.
  10. pctec

pctec Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They fight for market share!

LOL

pctec, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    pipes, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  12. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, hopefully things will improve.

CanadianEh, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  13. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Often times it's like san quinten jail ( ala prison break ), sooner or later some one will throw a chicken foot on the ground. Then the crowd gathers and blood is spilt.

DownUnder, Apr 24, 2008 IP
    pipes likes this.
  14. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Fighting is good for health, mind and directory owner.

imteaz, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  15. humm

humm बहादुर बच्चा

Best Answers:
    Agreed. :)

Many also fight to get noticed and make a name for themselves, there by this black marketing, their Directories too get noticed. :D

humm, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  16. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah thats a good point. :)

pipes, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  17. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    What on earth are you ranting on about? You'd swear your the only person on this planet that knows anything. I thought I was obnoxious when I came on here first but you take some beating.

As for knowing nothing about directories and search engines your about the only one on here that hasn't got a clue and I'm basing that observation on my dozen or so years being taught by the best.

Everyone is waiting with baited breath to see your 'search engines' and directories which your so proud of and of which give you such infinite wisdom. I did ask you to show me personally via p.m promising not to disclose to others but you couldn't even do that.

Why not simply stop preaching and put your money where your mouth is.

Crikey, why are we all fighting? Nobody is fighting except Event_King, he's fighting delusions of Grandeur! :rolleyes:

JamieG, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  18. sray

sray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Different opinions, criticisms are good for any business. That's not fighting my friend. ;)

sray, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  19. swedal

swedal Notable Member

Best Answers:

That actually hit right on the mark. See every once in a while I can agree with you. :)

swedal, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  20. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to dp. A cool title u select but u should start this thread in general chat. Anyways...

Surely, dp members has a great knowledge and u will enjoy ur stay here.

We all r here just for learning and sharing knowledge. If someone fight i think he/she wants to increase no. of post.... lol

Jalpari, Apr 24, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.