1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why you do not need to buy BANS

Discussion in 'eBay' started by vitalbusiness, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. affiliatebynature

affiliatebynature Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wrote a blog post on my blog (www.superaffiliatesuccess.com/blog) about why you shouldn't waste that much time with BANS or BANS like stores in the first place. Mainly, its because your time is better spent engaging in other affiliate marketing strategies. Check out my blog to see the post...

affiliatebynature, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  2. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Free templates are nice, I sometimes use them. But often they are too confusing.

EPN affiliate tools are nice, I use them on single pages where the niche is very specific and does not warrant a full-scale store. I have made money from these pages.

BANS is nice, in that it is simple, well supported, and if, in the middle of my other work, I get a great idea for a niche related store - Wham, Bam, I have a store up and running in 5-10 minutes. I then use the next 25 minutes or so creating a decent header logo (one of my talents) and suddenly I am ready to sell thousands of products. I make money with my BANS stores - got my purchase price back in a couple of months and there you go.

I do promote BANS in my signature line here and why not? It worked for me.

Aldouspi, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? Care to share your stats? No, I am not against BANS or Ebay, I have just a very small tolerance level for the people who push them. If you make money using BANS, can you, pleeeaaase, show which store of yours brings in the most? You all say "I make money with BANS myself!" but then you have your affiliate link to the official BANS site and that's all. Sounds fishy.

Did you mean to say "it has worked for me"? Or did you quit using them and why?

vitalbusiness, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  4. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you make money using PPC, can you, pleeeaaase, show which campaign of your brings in the most?

mcjp6, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I hardly ever use personal websites. My best campaigns are:

PayPerPost.com
    iClipart.com
    Comfi.com

Ok, I did it. Now it is your turn. Or whoever I actually was talking to.

By they way I see you are a foreigner. Why are you foreigners (non-English speaking people) trying to always get something out of nothing?

PS if you were a native English language speaker you would put "campaign of yours" instead of how you have phrased it there.

Anyway. Lying is bad. Cheating is bad. And that's all you need to know for now.

Three hoorays for Australia! Yeah! :)

One thing I am puzzled about you Kerosene. You seem like a very nice guy/gal and have always given a great advice to the people here. But why "Kerosene"? That's not a nick name you can get far ahead with. You know, you can be all cool and what not but then your nick says: Kerosene... and then I do not know what to think.

Help me on that one.

vitalbusiness, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  6. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whatever that means, anywaybest earners for me ebay.com, buy.com and leger.co.uk

Another classic! that was your quote :p keep them coming :)

mcjp6, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  7. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I am glad I can expose all the bull that has been going on this forum at least a little.

"Buy BANS and start making money today!" they cry. It's a complete lie.

Sure go ahead, buy BANS and make nothing in the next year or so. If you are willing to spend $500 or so a month on AdWords trying to push your immature BANS site you maybe will be able to make $100 back. So do the math, you will lose money.

The people who post here about BANS are very close to being crooks and nothing else. Go ahead buy from them. You will lose at the end anyway.

They are crooks by default. They make nothing from their own BANS sites (if they have ones) yet they tell you you will.

Would not a successful businessman post his site on this forum? Ask any BANS promoter to put their own BANS site on here and guess what, they will feed you with a bunch of bull.

Kerosene, I still have a lot of respect for you. Can you post your BANS site on here? I mean your personal one that makes money for you. If not, you are just as bulls*itting talker as all other bulls*itting talkers on this forum.

It's discouraging, to tell you the truth.

vitalbusiness, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't use BANS, and I think most people in this forum know it. I've certainly never made it a secret (quite the opposite in fact).
    Does this mean that I can't put a BANS link in my signature?

Maybe you need to read a few of my ePN related posts to understand my position on purchasing scripts like BANS. I actively encourage people to use the free ePN RSS feed or ePN API, and have been doing so since eBay was associated with CJ. I even give away my own free script to get people started - TWP Auctions.

Now what exactly is your problem with that?

Kerosene, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  9. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are a complete bullshit artist, and I think that you know that.

Everything you have posted here is not based on fact. It is not based on fact because you do not know how much anyone is making from their stores, bans or otherwise.

starting a thread on why not to buy bans in this negative way does not help any forum members.

You are a complete and utter bullshit artist.

mcjp6, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  10. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Contrary to the immature rantings I see here, I've actually had excellent results with BANS. I use it mainly to populate a new site with pages appropriate to the niche or category. Then I take it from there and spend a good deal of my time adding content and optimizing pages. Once that's done, I employ various link development strategies, just as I do with all my sites. BANS sites, from all I've observed, respond well to that treatment just like any other sites.

Lately, I've abandoned using out of the box BANS layouts in favor of integrating WordPress and BANS. Works like a charm. The OP is dead wrong in maintaining that BANS is not worth the candle. I find it to be an exceptionally useful tool in providing valuable short cuts to successful website development for the sites I launch as an EPN affiliate.

potentmix, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  11. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Are, by putting a shark as your avatar, you trying to compensate for the lack of courage you otherwise do not have?

If you do, can you show me one of your BANGS sites? I mean, I think you are a very cool guy, always giving these nice, weighty replies, but what is underneath?

If you do not want to post your sites here, PM one of them to me. If not, please, refrain from making your bogus statements.

What are YOU afraid of? If you are making a nice income every month and you think you are doing a legitimate thing why don't you have links to your BANGS (BANS) sites?

So far, you are trying to make only a few bucks a month by having your MFA sites in your sig.

You are cool and I am cool, we are all so cool, aren't we?

vitalbusiness, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone should read this thread to understand the truth about BANS. Read the bogus, incoherent replies to my posts and you will know what I mean.

What I would say is use BANS sites with caution. Use discernment. If you have a means to advertise your future BANS site(s) you are in better shape to make some cash flow from it.

But, please, do not throw your $100 away to buy something that will be a waste of money for you at the end, ok?

vitalbusiness, Aug 4, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.