1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Yahoo Is missing point

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by kayundi, Apr 4, 2009.

these guys could have been far infront of Google...but...they dont want to go global....we need your publisher network to go global......i promise..i will dump Google Adsense Immediately

kayundi, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  2. dglas

dglas Peon

Best Answers:
    they must have reason not to allow international users. i'm also one user waiting for the good news.

dglas, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  3. kbeus21

kbeus21 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is interesting I always thought they allowed international users.

kbeus21, Apr 4, 2009 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but their publisher network does not reflect their global ambitions. I believe Yahoo actually does better outside of the US. I'm sure they have reasons for not expanding their publisher network worldwide yet. Going worldwide with a publisher network opens them up to all kinds of fraud and scammers. They are likely trying to perfect things on a smaller scale before going worldwide. Yahoo seems content with gradual incremental improvements. Google on the other hand is in a rush with everything, they just can't wait to make their next billion dollars. As a result Google ends up releasing shoddy products that are not fully thought through.

vansterdam, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  5. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I always thought they were mismanaged. They have enough assets, but they don't seem to have it all together sometimes.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has not gone international as they don't have many international advertisers. USA Advertisers would want to market to USA consumers....

People in the USA are not likely going to order products from overseas considering the shipping expense, and vice versa...

Being as Yahoo built their business as the largest display ad network they had no need to expand beyond their base and in it seems a prudent decision.

:)

Sem-Advance, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  7. regg

regg Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is a joke. They are neck and neck with Google on traffic, but Yahoo's users actually interact and stick around MUCH longer and they still can't cash in.

They try to do to many things to quick. Their trying to monetize a thousand different niches on their site, while Google is sitting back mastering and dominating a handful.(Now google is branching out though into other markets, and their stock price is paying the price.)

These companies are both greedy! You find a niche and stick to it. The only company that can effectively branch out and do whatever the heck they want is Wal-mart!

regg, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  8. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem with Yahoo's logic is that the internet is global. A site in Australia for example may get more traffic from the US than Australia and it would be no problem in terms of shipping. Other advertising companies, such as AdsDaq have US Advertisers but they allow international websites. The difference is that their system detects when the websites visitor is from and only displays the ads if they're from the US. If AdsDaq can do that, why can't Yahoo?

It boils down to mismanagement ... the increase in revenue from going global would be beneficial to the company and its shareholders and with the trouble Yahoo is in ignoring that revenue stream doesn't seem such a prudent decision at all.

qazu, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  9. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN blows IMO.

they should have been more successful. I agree.

nandalinnaung, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  10. bermuda

bermuda Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo has showed that it is not as quick as Google in terms of coming up with original and creative ideas but they are very good at monetizing their web services. For example, take a look at the ads running on your email pages, or the games sections. They still are working on beta version of YPN.

bermuda, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  11. Chercher

Chercher Peon

Best Answers:
    If yahoo wants to be Google, they'll have to do something different than Google. You're not going to knock off the top dog playing the game they've been playing for a while. I'm not exactly sure what they should be doing, but I'm sure there are enough disgruntled Adwords users to give them ideas.

Chercher, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  12. ProCASHtinator

ProCASHtinator Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually love Wal-Mart. Everyone goes around hatin' on them, but if I can get cheap prices on the same stuff then who cares?

ProCASHtinator, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  13. lindamood1

lindamood1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yahoo just try to copy what google had done, nothing else

lindamood1, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  14. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think yahoo is on second no afet google? Or not?

brianconor, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  15. Nikz_virgo

Nikz_virgo Peon

Best Answers:
    This is interesting whenever a domain server is down it redirect itself to yahoo on some axis ads instead of google.

Nikz_virgo, Sep 12, 2012 IP