1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why XML Sitemap pages are not indexing in Google Webmaster

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Jeff110, Aug 3, 2010.

Hello All,

One of my client website XML Sitemap is not able to index all pages in Google Webmaster,i checked after a couple of days and out of 19 urls only 1 page ie Home page is index.There is no error from webmaster tool also..I want to know that may be it will take time to index pages or what..!

Thanks in advance...!

Jeff110, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. tech0925

tech0925 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes it will take sometime. Don't worry, if there is not any errors everything is fine. It just takes those bots quite sometime to crawl all your pages.

tech0925, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  3. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Patience :) How many inbound links does your site have? Is it new?

freshdevelopment, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  4. Xander7

Xander7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ive been wondering about similar issues. Submitted my sitemap in webmaster tools and I keep getting the red X under status no matter how many times I resubmit. I guess it is just a matter of waiting it out.

Xander7, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  5. alomda

alomda Peon

Best Answers:
    thnx for ur effort

alomda, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  6. kingzzzz

kingzzzz Guest

Best Answers:
    Some time when you post then the xml sitemap doesnot include the new post url in the sitemap.xml file.
    Then google is unable to get the new url's. It may be the reason i am also facing with this problem.

kingzzzz, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  7. greenamigo

greenamigo Peon

Best Answers:
    What you mean by not indexing? Have you tried to resubmitting the sitemap again?

greenamigo, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  8. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    If there is only one page indexed then you definitely need to do some serious link building and hope to get links from high PR sites. Also to get instant traffic have you thought of starting a Social Media campaign, something so that people can find you on Facebook or Twitter? These are quick ways to get traffic to your site and also will help in indexing of your site.

unknownpray, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  9. clive2

clive2 Peon

Best Answers:
    May be your site is new one and its inner pages doesn't have sufficient backlinks. So, first try to get more backlinks. Do not resubmit the sitemap again and again.
    Sometimes Google takes more time to index, so keep patience also.

clive2, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  10. smithjames758

smithjames758 Member

Best Answers:
    XML site map take few time to indexed by search engine. Check your webmaster diagnostics tool for information when google bot crawl your website . Resubmit your website XML sitemap after that come on webmaster diagnostics tool and click on fetch as googlebot and enter your website xml sitemap path here and after that click on fetch button. just wait for some time. google bot come on your site and collect all information about your webpage.

smithjames758, Aug 31, 2011 IP