1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why would you start a free directory ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by upper, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone is good won't his/her site have money for inclusion?
    Intrigues me
    If someone is good won't he or she have money to promote his/her website???

Needless to say I as a user would be searching a free dir for some good sites when there are hell lot of good paid dirs around.

Al

arvind_srivastava, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  2. upper

upper Banned

Best Answers:
    I rarelly saw free web directories without adnsese on them, and I saw that the latest buzz in this domain is ... installing shitty web directories on dropped domains...I can't believe that there are ppl who spent money on featured links for this kind of directories and those who fight to be the first listed as regular for free...

Oh...an by the way...more than 50% of the links listed in a free web directory will not even be indexed by Google, not to mention about the PageRank transfer...

Take a look at all the major free web directories who offer free listings..did you noticed how many pages have PR N/A ? at the time your listing page ( or detail page ) gets PR0 it will be a looooooong time.

Oh...and by the way II the only good on a high traffic free web directory would be the banner advertising... in my opinion.At a high amount of impressions...this could work...could.

upper, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  3. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you are looking for. The only value directories offer is the back link that you need for serp's and if the page has been indexed the link is going to count. PR N/A simply means that Google is changing feet and trying to intmidate those who havent figured out there is no fizz or zip left for the wide boys to spread around.

Forget about PR its has little if any relevance if you are building links and if you still think you can sell into this maket you deserve to lose your tom.

workshop, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  4. upper

upper Banned

Best Answers:
    In the last 2 months I submitted my directory...so PR is what I was looking for in this period of time.As for serp's.. I'm on first page for the keywords "general web directory" and other combinations.

So it was my bad..I didn't make myself clear.. in my case it was all about the PR :) but for a normal website...yeah...I know... every relevant backlink counts for sure :D

upper, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  5. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Thats easy then. You buy it if your site cant generate it organically and the way Google intended. But why do you want PR? It means nothing outside the industry and there are directory owners on this forum who can testify to the fact that Google is currently on a witch hunt. :confused:

workshop, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  6. infoservices

infoservices Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many directories offers both free and paid submissions so because of free submission there are chances to get paid also....

infoservices, Aug 29, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.