1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why we should use Bing for searching?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by johnhalsell, Jul 10, 2013.

1. manikunis

manikunis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right...Firefox has its default search engine as " Bing"....

manikunis, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. miuannatol

miuannatol Member

Best Answers:
    The only and the main reason to use Bing is to bring the additional traffic to your site.
    You can use it as the addition to your optimization for Google. Just allow it to index your site. I don`t recommend you to use the Bing as the main channel of driving traffic as Bing has not such a great capacities as Google. It`s inert enough.

miuannatol, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  3. human2015

human2015 Peon

Best Answers:
    less competition - is the only reason for using Bing, imho

human2015, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  4. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope.

That aside, the most important reason for Bing from both a webmaster and end users POVs are:
    * Bing indexes fresh content like Social Media and Feeds faster.
    * Majority of Windows phones, IE/Edge users use Bing.
    * A lot of other search engines rely on Bing.

rsrikanth05, Dec 8, 2015 IP
  5. swingersclub.com 4 sale

swingersclub.com 4 sale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For nearly 20 years ago I only used HotBot search engine. Now 20 years later I only use Google. And no, I don't use Bing! Can't find any reason at all.

swingersclub.com 4 sale, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  6. miuannatol

miuannatol Member

Best Answers:
    Hm, and how do you feel about the Seach Engines which provide the same results from Google? Are they useful for example, for the purpose of link building?

miuannatol, Dec 14, 2015 IP
  7. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bing is now having bigger market share and reported at 30%.
    What i like about bing is their mainpage that is always have wonderful background, and there is news section at below.
    And they don't over-use advertisement.. that is what makes their page cleaner and easier to look at.

charlesgan, Dec 22, 2015 IP
  8. besttool2016

besttool2016 Member

Best Answers:
    Some computer browser default search engine is set to Bing such as Microsoft Surface devices. People might just use the default Bing search engine because lazy to change to Google or don't know how to change it.

besttool2016, Jan 17, 2016 IP
  9. mvirard

mvirard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I found an excellent reason NOT to use Bing! PRECISION. As a major parameter in its search algorithm Bing assumes you are a very poor typist and consequently will rank pages accordingly with what it thinks was your intent, not necessarily what you typed in you request! The results can be horrendous! I observed that, in a search of occurrences of my own name, 90% of the first page ranking was occupied by a different name, assuredly more famous than me (a singer) but differing from mine by just one permutation of two consonants (v and r). So, any advertising aiming at a specific target run the chance of being wasted on a completely unrelated subject thanks to a very patronizing Bing which thinks I can't spell! I double checked: Google does properly list first the exact matches and leaves the approximate matches to the decision of the requester (did you mean...?). It is unlikely I will spend a dime on Bing advertising in its current state and I would suggest anyone should think twice before giving his/her credit card number to MS.

mvirard, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  10. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Bing sucks.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  11. Kate Evans

Kate Evans Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As for me both Windows Bing and Google are good for searching, it is up to you which one of them to choose! I know that Google is more popular than Bing, because most of the people used to it and they do not want to change it. I think if Bing is a little bit upgraded it will become default Search Engine.

Kate Evans, Apr 27, 2016 IP
  12. TomRider

TomRider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both these search engines are good for using. But Google is the most reliable search engine. Since MSN search changed to Bing, it is duplicate Google results! So in case, Google went down and stop providing information, Bing would be useless.

TomRider, May 21, 2016 IP