1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why we need to upgrade paypal from personal to premier/business account?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by afham07, Oct 3, 2007.

Hi,

Guys, may I know the reasons why we need to upgrade our paypal account to premier/business IF we are just using paypal fund or eCheck, not the credit card, etc?

Do will we be banned if we have a lot of transaction per month or week with Personal account?

I am pretty blur why people need to upgrade their account. For me, I just using personal account and send/receive money from paypal fund only.

afham07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1 more thing, what is the differences between premier and business account? I don't see any difference in term of transaction fee. Both are same.

afham07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the thing is that the Personal account cannot be used for Commercial Purpose. Meaning that if you have a lot of incoming funds then they would look at your account with suspicion. Commercial Purpose means taking money in for any sale of goods or services.

However, there is nothing wrong with using a Personal Account to make a lot of purchases with it because that is what a Personal account is for. It is indicated in the name of the account anyways.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...lutionTopic=20004&solutionId=12797&isSrch=Yes

Well, basically what you are doing would be a breach of contract in Paypal's eyes. What could happen is that your account can be limited or you be charged fees for every single transaction.

For most parts, the Premier and Business Accounts are similiar. The only difference is that the Premier account is for private individuals who wants to make money using Paypal as a payment platform and the Business Account is for a registered business who wants to use Paypal. You will need to have a registered business in your country and a bank account in your company's name to use a Business account or else you cannot withdraw your funds.

eddy2099, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. speedster

speedster Peon

Best Answers:
    People upgrade because they need to accept credit card payments, as paypal only gives 5 free ones a year.

speedster, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. GMROCKS

GMROCKS Active Member

Best Answers:
    and the IPN
    Instant payment notification.

for automated payments.
    not supported with personal accounts.

GMROCKS, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  6. scriptman

scriptman Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting stuff.

I registered my PayPal account under a personal email address a year or two ago. Is a business account the only way I can hide my email address? I'd rather not have my personal email displayed along with business transactions!

scriptman, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If let say I am using personal account, there a lot of people sending money to me and I am sending to my friends. Will my account be banned?

afham07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  8. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK. very clear explanation. Thank you very much. :)

afham07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    They may ask you to justify the numerous incoming funds as it may be deemed as money laundering.

Generally you are not supposed to be receiving a lot of money through a personal account at least not on a regular basis unless it is through Mass Pay.

eddy2099, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  10. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oo. Ok. Tq guys. :)

afham07, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  11. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    When you reach 6500 euros they want to check who you are (copy of utility bill and ID)

Be ready to some headaches anyway - With Paypal, you never know ! ;)

I mean sometimes they are difficult to deal with or simply to understand

Lastbutnotleast, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  12. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty much people they don't want you to use the account for fraud or money laundering. So if you got nothing to hide, the so-called headache is not an issue as it takes a few minutes to comply.

eddy2099, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  13. leon123

leon123 Banned

Best Answers:
    r ther ne charge for premier or business Accounts??

leon123, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  14. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    eddy2099, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  15. nathan52

nathan52 Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal:"premium account"is personal account,"business account"is registered company account if who dont know,if individual will be to create a business account-he dont withdraw funds from PP

nathan52, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  16. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got nothing to hide but my transaction is quite big (around 100-300 per week). It is not big anyway but I just active using paypal in 2-3 weeksago. I registered my paypal around 1 year ago but never used them. Just used frequently in 2-3 weeks ago.

Is there any reason for them to ban me? .. :D ..

afham07, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  17. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make sure that you have a Business or Premier account. If you use a Personal account for any sales, they have reasons to levy a fee on you or ban you.

Do not use the Email Send method to receive funds as that is not the proper way to do so. Use either the Email Invoice or Buy Now/Shopping Cart button for all your transactions.

The Email Invoice if they are not standard pricing and Buy Now if they are. This way you get some form of invoicing from Paypal and you can state the reason for the funds and such.

I see that those using the Email Send are the ones which may see their account limited and they are asked to send documentation to prove the sale.

eddy2099, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  18. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're selling very rarely, there should be no problem. I you're selling often, you must upgrade to a premier or business account.

Also, there's a limit of personal accounts receiving payments through websites etc. i.e. US$65

inworx, Oct 19, 2007 IP
  19. goodcheap

goodcheap Guest

Best Answers:
    i think we should choise Premier account ! is it right ?
    :confused:

goodcheap, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you plan to sell, you need a Premier account.

Actually if you rarely sell does not make it okay to use a personal account, they are clear to say that you cannot use it. Of course one or two sales may sail through their radar. I know for a fact that if you just receive one eBay sales, you need to upgrade to a Premier or Business account even if all you need is to sell one old sweater you want to discard.

eddy2099, Oct 20, 2007 IP