1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why visitors bounce of my site? Need help seriously?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Etoot, Jul 14, 2014.

I have poured more than $50,000 in my this http://www.etoot.com new social shopping eCommerce site. Recently I have launched it. The traffic is quite good on daily basis but the most saddest thing is that they bounce off so quickly. I don't know why? Is there anything wrong with my site? So plz I would like to know from you guys that why is this? How can I fix this situation?

Help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Regards,
    etoot.com

Etoot, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I just spent a few minutes on the site and I cant even begin to tell you what its supposed to be doing. I literally have no idea what that site offers. You really need to rethink a range of things over there. Flow is bad, no real call to action, I am literally stumped.

Also, way too much clipart and old school graphics that been used and re used for years.

Whoever advised you on that project has no earthly idea what they are doing.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  3. ShoppingSignals

ShoppingSignals Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with Nigel. The site needs a lot of work. If you've spent that much money, surely you have a good idea about the purpose of the site, and how it benefits it's customers. So, take that knowledge and put it on your site. Make dead simple to understand exactly what to do, and even simpler to use. And make it clean and visually appealing. You can figure this stuff out even if it's not your forte. You have to.

ShoppingSignals, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  4. WebHostDog

WebHostDog Banned

Best Answers:
    Your design is really white and old fashioned. Starting with new Fresh HTML5 modern design will help you a lot. Not only in this but any business.

WebHostDog, Jul 25, 2014 IP
    pureevel likes this.
  5. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The login/signup overlay is a bad thing as far as I am concerned. If someone wants to login in or sign up, they will look for a way to do that. Never obstruct the initial view of your website. That is your only chance to make a first impression. Obstructing the view with the overlay may be a factor in why your bounce rate is so high.

You have missing images. Also, the "Beta" designation is not a good thing. Beta means not finished, in testing mode. And you have a vertical scrolling area in the middle of your content. Also not a good thing as far as I am concerned. Not necessarily a bad thing, but you will notice that almost nobody else does that. There is a reason why.

I also do not care for the visual design of your website. The colors, design, and even the layout needs work. I think you have everything "squished" vertically and need more vertical space between things. And I'm on a 32 inch monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. You do not need to fit everything within the viewport. Allow people to scroll vertically if they want to.

billzo, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  6. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Too many things aren't right. You're using flash! That's a turn off for me from a web user perspective. I think you need to get some experienced developers on it.

After taking care of the design should you consider hiring a good SEO!

Michael Akinlabi, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ways to decrease bounce rate
    Set Realistic Expectations: Benchmark Averages for Bounce Rates
    • Content Websites: 40-60%
    • Lead Generation: 30-50%
    • Blogs: 70-98%
    • Retail Sites: 20-40%
    • Service Sites: 10-30%
    • Landing Pages: 70-90%
    Attract the Right Visitors
    • Choose the right keywords to match your content -- not just to attract the most number of visitors.
    • Create multiple landing pages with unique content and keywords for your different buyer personas.
    • Maintain top rankings for branded terms.
    • Write attractive, useful meta descriptions for search engine users.
    • Improve targeting of online advertising campaigns.
    Enhance Usability
    • Make your text readable through sensible organization and the use of larger fonts, bulleted lists, white space, good color contrast, and large headlines.
    • Use well-organized,responsive layouts that allow for quick and easy navigation on all platforms and browsers .
    Speed Up Page Load Time
    • Use little or no self-loading multimedia content.
    • Set external links to open in new browser windows/tabs.
    • Don’t let ads distract from your content: Place static ads to sides, and avoid pop-ups and self-loading multimedia ads.
    Provide Quality Content
    • Have an obvious main message.
    • Use clear headers and subheads.
    • Tailor content to intended visitors.
    • Use stylish copy and images.
    • Make your content error-free.
    • Include a clear call-to-action and obvious links to next steps.

webcosmo, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  8. mini_m

mini_m Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, unfortunately the design seem quite outdated. It would have looked good 10 years ago.. I really hope you haven't spent that much paying someone to design that website. I also don't understand this concept of social shopping.

mini_m, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  9. Siservices

Siservices Active Member

Best Answers:
    You got poor design and most importantly no one needs a registration pop up the moment anyone enters your website. First of all you have to remove the useless popup for sure. Drive visitors to register with a proper call to action strategy. Improve your design and make it more appealing with something interesting to offer. People are not finding your website interesting so they are bouncing back. Even I did a flip by seeing the popup at first.

Siservices, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  10. Deepak0333

Deepak0333 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am an E-commerce consultant and i provide services for increasing conversion rate on any E-commerce website to increase your sales.
    send me a message in private to discuss further.

Deepak0333, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  11. ChristyMathew

ChristyMathew Member

Best Answers:
    well i just check out your site, its all ok but i found the loading speed is little slow and also when did you update last?

ChristyMathew, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  12. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is 100% definitely bouncing because of two main factors:

a) design

b) load time

I put design first, because fixing the design of your site is going to seriously fix the load time. I would restructure it from the ground up. You need to present the information in a way that's clean, minimalistic in approach, and leaves a lot of breathing room. Look at some websites belonging to the most popular startups and tech companies right now. They've all got a really simple approach to sites - clean, organized looks. Yours is really missing out when it comes to this approach.

Try seriously restructuring the way your site looks, works, and feels. Re-present the information from the ground up. Focus on a simple design and layout, with strong colors, and striking imagery.

Also, read up on "Material Design" to really get a keen understanding of where design is going to be headed over the course of the next few years. It's the most recent "design philosophy" that Google has created, and they have a tendency to really dictate where things like that go (see iOS 7 for a really good example of this).

Solid Commerce, Aug 7, 2014 IP
  13. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Posted this half a month ago and still doesn't appear to have made a single change to the website. Can you say money wasted? lol

FPForum, Aug 11, 2014 IP