1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Use Google+?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by Rebel_Runner, Apr 6, 2013.

?

Is G+ your primary Social Network?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2013.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingos

kingos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always said why fight big G? If you do any selling, content marketing, seo, smm .... any form of digital marketing for that matter, Google+ is essential. Not just from an SEO POV, but from a social and an influence point of view. Sure, google seems to want to force this on everyone and their grandmas, but it doesnt hurt to get an account. Use this creatively and you can benefit tremendously.

kingos, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. Deepak patel

Deepak patel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As it is not similar to another social networking site. But it is best for Bloggers and Webmasters . If you are a professional then you must use it.

Deepak patel, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  3. gambler53

gambler53 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it helps create special interest groups who actually want to view and discuss your content. It provides an alternative way to promote that other social sites just don't have.

gambler53, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  4. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's one of the most popular social platforms nowadays. If you're not into G+, then you'd better start using it. Lots of raw traffic.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  5. AveUgotaWkdSide

AveUgotaWkdSide Active Member

Best Answers:
    I only have an account because somewhere along the line I was forced into one seeing as I use Google's other services i.e. gmail, analytics etc

AveUgotaWkdSide, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  6. Santaletter

Santaletter Member

Best Answers:
    Hello All,

Thanks to all for sharing your experience above, I want to know one more thing that we are getting a message on Google Plus page .Your page has been blocked since it has been identified as possible spam. To unblock your page, please verify it, While i have verified the Google Pin code already.

Awaiting for your valuable quick response.

Santaletter, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  7. pixpal

pixpal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello santa,

you need to make sure you have verified that as a local business which you own actuall if it's for business page. If it's a page representing a website then you have to verify that by adding a HTML code i suppose.

More detailed can be found here in this official link of google+

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1713911?hl=en
    Code (markup):

pixpal, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  8. Boris Nazarov

Boris Nazarov Peon

Best Answers:
    It helps in business growth and making promotion activities

Boris Nazarov, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  9. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    It's secondary, but a close second to LinkedIn then Facebook.

Alyssa Lochmore, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  10. RyanSmith

RyanSmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The G+ button is becoming a staple of search based results and will continue to grow as Google+ increases it's user base over time. As Google owns G+ I would have thought that they already use the circle count and G+ on posts as a ranking factor. If Google don't already use it then surely they should be as they'd be almost admitting (in a roundabout way) that the content on G+ isn't trusted.

In the last few months I've seen a large amount of G+ authorship on the first page. Surely that's a ranking factor in itself as all G+pages are interlinked and PR may be passed.

Or maybe I'm just over thinking this way too much. I have a tendency to over think.

RyanSmith, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  11. pixpal

pixpal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so in that way, but we will have a possible consideration in terms of authorship to a certain level of search results placement, if we have more circles and those circles have marked our post or re-posted it may possibly go up in the search results because G+ might be considered as a social share element rather than it's a G's property.

pixpal, Mar 21, 2014 IP
  12. RyanSmith

RyanSmith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That makes sense actually. We'll never know but it is certainly feasible.

RyanSmith, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  13. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    G+ isn't my primary social network. I have an account there, as it grows really quickly and is good for SEO purposes.

Sam42, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  14. Derpen

Derpen Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem that I have with Google+ is... everything. Now let me explain.
    First off, the fact that many of the features it has were pretty much already on Facebook. The only difference I see between the two is organization (which quite frankly I don't care about, even though Google+ is a mess of links and buttons) and circles, which aren't exactly useful unless you have a bunch of friends on Google+ (unlikely) or if you own a company. It also appears to just be Google trying to cash in on Social Networking.

Secondly, it's regular community. Not to insult or offend anybody reading, but all in all, the Google+ community (userbase) is a bunch of arrogant self-entitled users, always praising Google with no end and posting walls of text to trolls (what they call people who have an opinion contrary to theirs, just to reassure themselves they're above them) just to essentially say "you're wrong, I'm better than you". They've really been invading Youtube in the last couple months believing it belongs to them. The majority either overuse hashtags, or just watch overly-generic videos or Google videos. The rest just hate the regular Youtube community as a whole because of their resistance to Google+and calls them all "trolls" and overuses the word "cesspool".

This brings me to the third reason why there's problems with Google+.
    They're forcing Youtubers to use it. Here's the thought process that went into the Youtube-Google+ integration:
    "Google+ barely has 100 million users. We need more to prove we da greatest company EVAR 'cuz we on top of every web category. Hmmm.... I KNOW! We have that website that we bought years ago, Youtube. It's our most popular platform and has over 300 million active users. Maybe we can take those numbers and move them to Google+... YEAH! So we force the users to have a Google+ or..... they can't comment! Perfect! But wait, if we force all these users into Google+, won't other competitor sites get suspicious of all the empty accounts? WAIT! We can make it so that every time they comment, it appears on their profile so it APPEARS they use Google+!GREAT! Let's move all those numbers from Youtube to Google+! Now we can say we're better than Twitter 'cuz we gots moar users!"

And there you have it.

Another thing. These statistics:

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Facebook%2C%20Youtube%2C%20Twitter%2C%20Google%2B%2C%20Myspace&cmpt=q

Derpen, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  15. Derpen

Derpen Peon

Best Answers:
    ...aaaaand you were banned. Makes sense.

Derpen, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  16. Derpen

Derpen Peon

Best Answers:
    What if I just simply want a Youtube account? Well first, I'd need a Gmail account. For that you need to get a phone confirmation with a code to enter. Next, I'd go to Youtube make an account, but Whoops! I need a Google+ account to comment. So I make the Google+ account, and now I have two Youtube accounts (for some reason). Then I want to change my Profile picture on Youtube. So then I have to go to my Google+ page, upload a picture, put a caption on it for some reason, then wait for it to update. But uh oh, it does appear when I post a comment, but not on my channel. I wait longer, then finally, after waiting a long period of time, it updates.

You see how much of a hassle it is if you just want to only use ONE of their products?

Derpen, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  17. Derpen

Derpen Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Slightly useful, but overall, not so much a big deal to call Google+ "perfect".
    2. ...Does that even matter? That's such a small feature, it doesn't make sense to put it on a list of why Google+ is perfect.
    3. That's more for buisinesses that, of all things, solely uses Google Docs and nothing else. Other than that, it's another unimportant feature that nobody cares about or would majorly be used at all.
    4. Refer to my statement on number two.

You just compiled all the differences that Google+ has compare to Facebook. All four of them, three of which don't matter.

Derpen, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  18. Derpen

Derpen Peon

Best Answers:
    It being the "best company in the internet field" can be a matter of opinion. And why would that make automatically better? That's like saying Howard the Duck is the best because it's owned by Marvel Comics. Besides, Google+ isn't much more different than Facebook other than it's 'holier-than-thou' community

Derpen, Apr 23, 2014 IP
  19. muratdniz

muratdniz Member

Best Answers:
    The new facebook is not a simple Google interface. In common with many social platforms such as Facebook and decomposition has many aspects. Additionally; basically GMail, Blogspot (blogger), picasa, google contact, google connect, GTalk using products like google will create you a wide starting area

muratdniz, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  20. Tamim Ikbal

Tamim Ikbal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    +Thanks Asking for this question. Google Plus is a social networking and identity service.
    that is owned and operated by Google Inc., Google has described Google+ as a "social layer.
    Maximum time i am use Google + . Google plus .

Tamim Ikbal, May 17, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.