1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why this code doesnt work?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by juice99, Feb 16, 2005.

Is there anything wrong with colors in this code?

google_color_border = "FFFF00";
    google_color_bg = "FF0000";
    google_color_link = "0000FF";
    google_color_url = "FFFF00";
    google_color_text = "FFFFFF";

i know it hurts eyes, but when i use it i still see Link in white not in blue. (text is also white)

i've tried everything, but that LINK is all the time white.

When i changed background to some other, link changed to blue, but when i switched back - it switched to white again. Is it normal?

juice99, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  2. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes Google cached the ad aperrence, and it takes up to an hour for it to update to the new ad code. How long did you wait?

Josh

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  3. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure firefox caches some stuff on your HD in TIF as well, I notice this especially when changing things on certain sites, i have to f5 multiple times. close your browser, update the code once more, and try again.

david_sakh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  4. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    4-5 hours now. Besides, when i change background - i can see blue links right away, but when i change background to red - they go white again.

juice99, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  5. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    i did that, i used IE, Firefox, i used another computer, i even asked a friend to see this ad, and it was WHITE for them all. and the strange thing is that if i configure it another way - it works right away. (im changing colors pretty frequently to find the best, and i havent got any problem with refreshing before)

juice99, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  6. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:

I thought this at first too, but I viewed it in IE (I never used IE, so it was impossible for it to be cached) and it was the same way.

Josh

Josh, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  7. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Just out of curiosity, did you manipulate the code yourself, or did you do it using google's tools?

wendydettmer, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  8. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    first i manipulated code myself becouse i was only changing colors. Then i made it from google tools, and the effect was the same. But like i said, when i change myself the background color from red to something else it works, when i change it to ren - Title is white.

Can you please check it somewhere on your accounts?

juice99, Feb 16, 2005 IP