1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why the Free General B2b directory sector is over

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Web_Shark, Jan 23, 2017.

Seeing as Google devalued most b2b directories - its now pointless submitting to them for rankings as their profiles got deleted and they struggle - so any new listings cant stand out. Also the directories get such low traffic, so why would anyone wish to list with them... Directories have evolved now, and went niche/vertical years ago - so you now have no choice but to pay to list with the niche ones. Don't want to? fine, just expect even less exposure.

The General/All Purpose b2bs, Yell types went bust years ago - I suspect the owners keep them hosted because:

1. Fear/panic they'll lose one way links built over time (although the directorie's one-ways are probably useless due to poor linking strategies).

2. ego/emotional attachment needs

3. Blind stupidness

4. No clue what to do next

sometimes the best thing is to let go of a naff idea, and free yourself of the stress involved. I'm shocked that a few 'so-called free directories' remain totally free - I often wonder
    how they survive, never mind make a profit.

But its been over for many years, as Google like to see huge mega resource sites now - and unless you can build a directory upto 3 million results - just don't bother as it can't be done.

Web_Shark, Jan 23, 2017 IP