1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why some always like people bargain or negotiate?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GeeOne, Jan 27, 2012.

Some people have the habit of negotiating in every shopping or buying anything.

It's not about good habit or bad habit, but is it to save the money or satisfying their ego ???

G!

GeeOne, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    Same question as "Why some of the DP noobs here are retarded"

Answer: Because they can

Project Mobius, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you don't know anything about other cultures. Negotiating and bargaining is a staple in MOST cultures around the world. IT IS A WAY OF LIFE FOR BILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I suggest you get out of your rabbit hole and visit other parts of the world and learn about other cultures.

mmerlinn, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Bargaining and negotiating is a good thing.The seller soon realizes in buisness that he/she must provide the item(s) or services at a reasonable rate.This makes for competition between sellers.This in turn makes for better products.
    Bargaining creates experienced,better and wiser consumers.If there wasn't any of this,services and quality would quickly decline.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  5. mrahmeduk

mrahmeduk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think everyone loves bargains as a buyer but sellers dont like it but if your a seller buying something you too like bargains well i know i do lol.

mrahmeduk, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  6. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find its great to be able to bargain and negotiate with a seller. In the end, it gives the buyer the satisfaction of getting a good deal, and the sellers ends up making a sale. In some cases, the seller knows that people would bargain, so they would set a price that is higher than what they would sell for, which gives them room for bargaining.

5starpix, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  7. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    May be thats what they want. I prefer to stay away from it so I only go to fixed price stores. :p

Digital_shubhi, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    That may be ok for some items. But if the value of your item fluctuates constantly (for example, gold) the ONLY way you will get it is through negotiating, either directly or indirectly.

The items I sell change in price constantly, so it is very RARE that I sell the same item for the same price 2 times in a row. And very rare to buy the same item for the same price 2 times in a row.

mmerlinn, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  9. faik123

faik123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A old man was a master haggler; he could strike a deal with darn near anyone for darn near anything. To say I learned a lot about making deals while growing up would be an understatement. From buying a TV at the department store to negotiating over a used car in the local classifieds, my dad always ended up with a great deal, and he usually took me along to witness it first hand.

Today, haggling is one of my favorite hobbies, and it has nothing to do with being cheap or trying to “win.” I simply enjoy the exchange between two sharp men that turns a mediocre deal into a great one for both parties.

Depending on where you are in the world, negotiation is either a part of everyday life or an uncomfortable practice that’s consciously avoided whenever possible.

But here’s a truth that many of us, especially those of us living in the Western World, don’t always consider: whether or not you realize it, every interaction you have with another person is a negotiation. From picking a romantic date with your wife to finding an agreeable price for some tchotchke gift with the local thingamajig salesman, we’re navigating a world of back and forth negotiation.

If you accept and embrace that, you can become much better at it, getting what you want from your life and feeling more fulfilled. If you reject it, your other choice is to take what’s given you and hope that it matches what you want. I learned from Dad long ago that the first option comes with better odds.

To become a better negotiator and, subsequently, create a better life for you and your family, the first hurdle to get over is breaking down all the myths we’ve come to believe about haggling. Things like:

Haggling is too argumentative. Only if you’re doing it wrong! Effective haggling doesn’t look or feel anything like an argument, and there’s little or no friction involved. In fact, done just right, it feels like an everyday conversation that you’d have with a friend. Good haggling actually builds respect between two people rather than diminishes it.
    Haggling is for poor people and cheapskates. Ask any wealthy person if they got where they are by taking every deal that came their way at face value. Of course they didn’t! They knew exactly what they wanted and decided how much they were willing to give up to get it. Billionaire CEOs haggle with each other every day over multi-million dollar deals. You only look like a cheapskate when you become petty, not when you work hard to get a great deal on something that’s important to you.
    Haggling is inappropriate. Yes, arguing over the price of a Coke at a 7-11 is probably inappropriate and it definitely makes you look like a cheapskate, but sincerely asking for consideration when you’re pursuing something valuable to you is never inappropriate and no one thinks less of you for doing it.
    Haggling isn’t worth the time or savings. A good negotiation definitely takes time to complete, but it’s almost always worth the outcome. Some of my most successful haggles have resulted in as much as 50% savings on big-ticket items. I don’t usually even bother to negotiate unless I think I can save $100/hour or more for the work.
    I don’t have the aggressive personality it takes to haggle. Good haggling is simply an exchange between two people trying to find a win/win deal. You do not need to be aggressive to do it effectively. In fact, if you’re the domineering type, that’ll often work against you more than it will work for you.

faik123, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  10. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that bargaining is the habbit of them that they can make something to be own as they want.

Achiever, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  11. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Say what ?

12. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Mmerlinn
    I'll bet you can't say the above 3 times in a row.:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  13. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    And WHY would I want to repeat it? I don't have monkeys dancing on my keyboard like he does.:)

Then again, I might have misread your post. So, I will prove you wrong.

@Mmerlinn
    @Mmerlinn
    @Mmerlinn

the above
    the above
    the above

I think I have covered all bases of your ambiguous post.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  14. belmont

belmont Guest

Best Answers:
    i do it because i want to save money. on the other hand, people who bargain/negotiate and they get what they want in the end. it gives them satisfaction.

belmont, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  15. sphex777

sphex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bargain for something not worth it... I bargain for the expensive purchases only.

sphex777, Feb 15, 2012 IP