1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why So Few Orders

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Elee, Oct 25, 2004.

My Client has a site, www.cardsshoppe.com that gets an average of 3,500 clicks per day but he does not belive he is getting a porportionate number of completed orders.

Would anyone take a look at the site and give me your opinion as to how I can recommend changes to the site, if necessary, to improve his sales.

Thanks!!

Elee, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  2. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    How much % of that traffic is actually converting? Perhaps his expectation are too high. Yeah, about half people that visit convential shops buy something, but that's not the case with e-shops!

Anyway, it seems that there's room for improvement. You could tell him that the logo and the nav bar do not much at all, making it look unprofessional.

caroline, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  3. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a comment based on a very quick look at the site:

1. The images of the 'cards' shown look like something created by old software reminscent of the days when folks would print up dorky announcements on pin fed printer paper using a dot matrix printer. Basically, the quality of the product is very low. Again, this is my first impression after just looking at the home page for less than 20 seconds.

2. The site looks like an affiliate type site where you supply the logo and the rest is already done (cookie cutter / unprofessional)

Hope that helps, good luck.

mopacfan, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    My two cents. Page has too much animation. Everything I read says people dislike animation and find it distracting. All those links at bottom make page look spammy. I would move my competitors links to an inside links page.

There is what I will call a sweet spot on a page where the eye is normally drawn (there is a post about it on this forum). It does not appear that design of this site is making use of it.

Best of luck,

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  5. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    First of all you should have put this thread in the review section below.

Second, you should possibly develope your site to be more product based. Sell your products from the home page.

I agree with mopac and smyrl that the page has too much information and the images aren't great quality. You need to look at the usability of your site. Try and work out who your target audience is and develop your site to accomodate their needs. eg If a site is for children then don't use complicated words etc

It's good you are getting a lot of visitors though.

Weirfire, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the above, but maily the site is showing designs and NOT cards. The images should be of finished cards with envelopes to convey the actual quality. People are going to think 'I can do that myself '.

There is absolutely no mention of the quality of the materials used, just a potted big block of text at the top of the site.

My advice is to stop showing designs as designs, and show them as the finished product standing up and open a touch so they are easily identifiable as cards, not the promise of a card.

Old Welsh Guy, Oct 25, 2004 IP