1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Reputation is not moderated??

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by bluebelt91, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Mobile-Monster

Mobile-Monster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Smiley does not provide a platform to call someone's family by name and so on...and walk away easily without any consequences.

I just feel I should not get into this topic anymore {I personally have nothing to do with this}.Thanks for everyone's time.

MM

Mobile-Monster, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @ bluebelt91, I understand why you're upset & from reading that rep comment I would be too. That's horrid. But since the rep area is apparently off-limits to mods, & from where I'm standing the only way to get even with this crazy person is to leave him yet another [far worse] negative rep comment back, I suggest you do it. Make it completely nasty, try referring to his genitals, parents & kids. :) He would probably return it but at least you'll feel better.

Love*, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  3. -Ace-

-Ace- Peon

Best Answers:
    I really do not think this is wise, nor a professional thing to do. Really think about this, do you want to end up with an overall red rep count?

What would make him any better then the other person if he were to do this?

Best Regards,

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    -Ace-, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  4. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Never said anything about being wise, just getting even. Yes, it might be stooping down to the other guy's level, but how else can you make him feel as bad as he made you feel when he left that comment eh if you don't strike back? I know it's childish, but it'll be satisfying.
    It's like this game called "Chicken". If you wanna win you shouldn't be the first to give in. Eventually, one of them will & the feud ends. Both happy. :p

Love*, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  5. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa - Shawn steps in. I'm guessing whoever left you the racist message is going to get banned.

Nice to see DP make a stand against racist comments.

niceilike, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  6. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    I don;t see anywhere in that statement where Shawn has stepped in. Just says that he can in needbe.

And even if the rep system is not moderated, I;ve been real tempted to abuse it but I'm trying my hardest not to. Even I wouldn't do that.

theapparatus, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  7. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then thats good for you. If you respond the same you woudn't be any better than person. Atleast you can feel better that way.

wptheme, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  8. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck with that. I have never been able to rep a person twice. Maybe it's limited to once in a lifetime :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
    Helvetii, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    vibinhari likes this.
  9. wptheme

Best Answers:
    You can rep the same person twice. Just that you need to rep 20 others first and not in the same day. As the limit per day to rep is 10 then you can rep the same person after around 2 days after giving reps to others 10 diff person each day.

wptheme, Nov 6, 2009 IP
    Helvetii likes this.
  10. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried that of late? :)

Helvetii, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  11. wptheme

Best Answers:
    I did tested it out before around 2 month ago and there was no prob with it? Will try again next time if you want. This is of course excluding the possibility that Shawn made several unknown changes that I am not aware of.

wptheme, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  12. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn did make several changes to it but the new algorithm is not disclosed.

But anyways advising users to leave red rep back with even worse comments isn't a good idea. I can leave someone a filthy comment in rep and sign it as XYZ then XYZ gets red rep back.

Helvetii, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  13. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    But then that just cost you negative rep too, not to mention that it is not guaranteed that XYZ would get a -rep back anyway for leaving that comment.

So, you just did that at your expense. You could fool them into thinking it wasn't you, but it would still deduct rep from you no matter what so you'll always be even nonetheless (without him having to know who left him that negative rep).

Negative rep is actually kinda pointless. =/

Love*, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  14. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah "-1". So I could red rep 140 people before having to worry about going into red.

Agreed it's pointless.

Helvetii, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  15. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is bad ..
    But at the same time, you will not get negative rep if you stay away from troubles .. Nor negative or racist comments.

I think that reporting this kind of comments and banning these members is quite sufficient and needs less effort than moderating the whole rep system ..

Toon-c, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  16. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  17. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Rep abuse doesn't mean it's a comment you don't like. In that case someone was making another user think their account was hacked. The most common "rep abuse" is when people ask for rep in their threads, sig, etc. which is not allowed.

jhmattern, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  18. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all of you guys..This clearly shows we are all united against racist and abusive comments..I don't care if that member is banned or not , but all those people who made such comments must learnt a lesson.I can see now that member who made posting about a certain country has been removed.Thats itself a slapped for him and I hope he will remember it in future, commenting anything bad against any country or people is not acceptable in DP.

bluebelt91, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  19. mdvasanth86

mdvasanth86 Notable Member

Best Answers:

Not long ago i was given a negative rep..

He said all that he could about India, bla bla bla blaa and me..... and then finally he wrote " Moron!".

I though he has signed the rep with his name and put that in my siggy as it was funny.:rolleyes:

I got a one point infraction.:D

mdvasanth86, Nov 7, 2009 IP