1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why princess cruises?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Guntzenbach Conrad, Mar 24, 2020.

You know, I'm a huge fan of going to cruises. Now unfortunately, with the outbreak of this virus, my wife forbids us from going and even in the future.

But from many sources, why is it that among all the bigger mass market cruise lines, I think it seems like only Princess Cruises have significant amounts on multiple ships (right now 3 vessels). I dont recall hearing about Royal Carribean, NCL,etc having it, other than suspected cases. I know Holland america line had one which I think was later said to be incorrectly positive.

Any idea? this is abit freaky to my opinion.

Guntzenbach Conrad, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Full Disclosure: as a sufferer of really bad motion sickness in just about all moving vehicles, I would never even consider taking a cruise on any sea or river cruise line.

That said and even if I was suddenly cured of the seasickness malady, I would now never consider trapping myself with thousands of other humans on a big tin can in the middle of the ocean. As I recall, prior to Covid-19, there were other viruses, like Norovirus, Legionnaires, etc. , that trapped people on ships as they continued to infect each other until hundreds or thousands got sick. It is much like getting on a plane and sharing germs among all passengers. The difference is that plane flights are measured in hours while cruises are measured in days or weeks. Your wife is smart to avoid these germ incubating environments.

To answer your question about why Princess: it is probably just a statistical coincidence or aberration or bad luck. I doubt that there is any relevance as to which cruise line happens to have problems, just like here in the US, different states have it worse than others in terms of infections.

jrbiz, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz you're speaking my language! I refuse to go on a cruise. When we first got married my wife would get really upset at me for not wanting to go on a cruise or to Disney or to any event where I had to be stuck with thousands of people. She's come around quite a bit though. So have I. I reluctantly go to Disney from time to time. Take Disney, for instance. When it first was opened it was a place for the elite to relax and socialize. There were a few hundred people in it at any given time. It was never designed to have millions of people to go through it year after year. When you put this many people together trouble will ensue. Same goes for cruises. The ships got bigger, the tickets more affordable and vu a la - they became incubators for germs, bacteria and viruses.

qwikad.com, Mar 24, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am the same way: I always try to "zig" when the masses are "zagging." E.g., the only time I go to Cape Cod is in the late Fall or Winter when only the year-round residents are there. Likewise, I never go to the opening of a new, hot movie. Has nothing to do with infections, of course. The average person is relatively intelligent and easy to deal with in a social setting, however, get a group of people together in a crowd and they turn stupid, ignorant, rude, and worse. Keep in mind that, as a sales and marketing professional, I am paid to socialize with prospects and customers, and can handle socializing in just about any size crowd. I have been trained for that for decades. But when I am not being paid for it, I turn into a hermit. ;)

jrbiz, Mar 24, 2020 IP
  5. corey3WZ

corey3WZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm absolutely ok about going in cruises, but if only it would be with a nice group of your close friends, not just wife.

corey3WZ, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  6. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I always have fun on cruises. I continually wash my hands. My wife says if we do we can only get one with a balcony. $$

superrichguy, Apr 11, 2020 IP