1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why people sells cheap design?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by shahcloud, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am a bad business man because i expect to be paid more than $3 for hours of work? haha. welcome to digital point...

ansi, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  2. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa, you design using gimp or paint.net? :eek: Like i have to believe it... What about those flash thing? Are you using another free software?

shahcloud, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  3. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ansi is correct.

/thread

Lethal7, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  4. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Man get out of the closet !

You can expect whatever you want and charge whatever you choose.

It is your decision and it depends how much someone is willing to pay for it.

For me a one page template is not worth more than $100 so I will never pay more than $100.
    For a complete web solution. Coding->Design->Implementation price can go to couple of thousands....

It is just you cannot do anything about it and listen to 8everything ! Offline market is much better and there are not so many "cheap" designers ;)

Oh and hours of work ? I designed this template in 10 minutes http://www.minimalistic-design.net/xhtmlcss-templates/rounded-corners-css-template/ and it is free and very very popular !

You have to realize that templates are made in advance and those are the ones that sells cheap. Designing a website by request of the client on the other side is more expensive since there are meetings involved, pre-design, bla,bla,bla ...

Hope you get it now ?

Never designed those flash thing as you say ;)

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  5. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:

Just like how people can't imagine why people would pay $3 for a logo, you wouldn't imagine why companies in the offline market pay thousands for the ugliest pieces of design ;) Roles reversed... :D

8everything, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  6. Supergeek

Supergeek Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the problem with low prices is because in some countries, $3 US is a decent hourly (or daily) wage.

Supergeek, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  7. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they should be banned from the intarwebs then!

ansi, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  8. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  9. night|shift

night|shift Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people who sell their designs very cheap often come from china and so on.
    I'll NOT attack the asians, I'll just tell my answer to the Thread's question.

Example:

The price of $1 in china is maybe 10 times higher than in USA or Europe, so a chinese can sell his designs for a price 10 times less.

That's globalization :D

~

night|shift, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  10. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know a guy who is from US and he sells his designs for five bucks. He can do 5 designs in an hour so he earns $25 in one hour....That is above US average for hour payment and he is still on the cheap side :D

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  11. muncierebel

muncierebel Peon

Best Answers:
    All I can say is what happened to capitalism? We might as well give up if we think that regulating a price on this website is a good thing.

muncierebel, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  12. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, in their perspective. Gotta love outsourcing :rolleyes:

8everything, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  13. reezluv

reezluv Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah..must be that price..:)but not many professional designer here..and if there any, the price maybe go really high.but they like the cheap design..in my experience..the design for $1-$3 are always a crap for me..:D

reezluv, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  14. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.. it does bring down the market but should people really charge more money when it only takes them a few minutes to make?

Edit: you don't need photoshop to make good designs.. the same can be done with psp.

Nora, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  15. XxAceManxX

XxAceManxX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blame India. They need to realize that they can make more money by not trying to compete with us. Quality, not quantity.

XxAceManxX, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  16. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not only India , though a majority of outsource work is from there..

8everything, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  17. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why blame anybody? I have seen some really decent cheap work in the buy/sell section on this forum.. are they wrong to work for just a few dollars because other people want to earn more? The whole designing thing is tough because of all the competition but if people want a good design and somebody offers a cheap one while another expects a lot of money for it, isn't it just normal to choose the cheap designer?

Nora, Oct 5, 2007 IP
    RichUser likes this.
  18. Western

Western Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe they sell sample design to you (shared)

Western, Oct 6, 2007 IP
  19. Smaug

Smaug Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure it's not only India, I am from Czech Republic and I do webdesing for like 3 years (oh yea, that kid that calls himself "webdesigner") - no really, I started to make paid stuff not long time ago, before it was, as someone already said, for free - for fun, for friends etc. Sure, I've put alot of time in it, but now it pays off... an average hourly rate for student brigade-work here in Czech Republic is $3-5, I can get $50 in two hours of work - whenever I want, I am personally really happy with this, I get some nice cash and wide portfolio.

I really dont care about the pricing to be honest, I just check what and for what price are others selling and set the price higher if I feel the template is worth more and vice-versa.

Though I would welcome some kind of auction system here like the one at sitepoint, not exacly the same but similar ....

Smaug, Oct 6, 2007 IP
    RichUser and ansi like this.
  20. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Ansi, you need to vent your anger out somewhere else. Just because your designs aren't selling anymore, doesn't mean that you have to ruin everyone else's business. Everyone has the right to sell whatever they want, for whatever price they want, and you can't stop that. You keep on going about that $3 isn't worth your hour of work and so on. But then again, you are completely forgetting that $3 is worth $20+ for most members in their countries. Yes, it does sting, but you have no right to insult others just because they are harming your business. This is reality, not your fantasy.

RichUser, Oct 6, 2007 IP