1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why people sells cheap design?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by shahcloud, Oct 3, 2007.

1. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i actually did figure it out on my own and i do not mind helping at all. search the forums, do your homework. 10 years ago when i started designing, i did most of my work for free for friends and shit. until i got good enough and people started offering me jobs that payed a decent amount. my time is valuable to me and when i pay nearly $700 for software, i can't justify using it for hours only to sell my work for $2, $10, or even $20. im sorry. if you really want to learn, get a book, goto school. do something. but do not call me selfish because i spent my time becoming good at what i do and expect to be paid well for years of dedication to something that i love.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  2. dbabineau

dbabineau Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the market will adjust by itself. Eventually people who sell low will (and should) demand for higher prices. Selling low is a good strategy to get customers "in" - i.e. if customers are happy they 'll buy more logos, etc at higher prices. Also, I don't think you can really force someone to have a minimum price at which they can sell something... THere will always be a market for both the low and the high-end - it's all about what you feel you deserve (and accept) to be paid..

Cheers,
    dbabineau

dbabineau, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. PluT0

PluT0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Supply over demand. Too much new young designer :)

PluT0, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any particular ones you would suggest?

mjda, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    in my experience i have really never read one that wasn't good. it really depends on what you are looking for and what you want to do. the WOW series is great as well as the bible series. just check out www.bn.com and www.amazon.com and pick up one that you think looks interesting. trust me, you won't be disappointed.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  6. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    supply and demand?

chris20492002, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. afham07

afham07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of cheap designer are offering 1-3 bucks because they already have permanent job. So get a little bit more, they offer this kind of service. :)

afham07, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  8. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if they already have a job then why do they need $3? it just doesn't make sense. when i had another job and wasn't doing this full time like i am now, $3 was nothing. an extra $300 on the other hand, that was a new toy. for $3 you can't even buy a pack of cigarettes. think about what that says about you.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Think what you just wrote and what that says about you :rolleyes:

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  10. intoex

intoex Peon

Best Answers:
    another question : why people buy cheap design?

"for each good there is a buyer"

my mind - people buy cheap design for low budget project, in which they are not sure, or which must be cheap - let explain
    for example person ask $50 design + $50 script for article script
    and will get $50 each month on advertisment

low budget - low income, nothing else

good budget or good idea - good income

2 right laws

intoex, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  11. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey some are even doing it for free !
    oswd.org
    openwebdesign.org
    opendesigns.org

Go and trash those people now ansi !

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  12. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have nothing against open source projects. now if they were selling those templates for $3 each and the market was being flooded with a crap load of beginners like it is here, then i would be upset.

ansi, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  13. Crimsonc

Crimsonc Peon

Best Answers:
    anyone who can download a cracked version of photoshop considers themselves a designer. The real problem is the people buying the designs unaware they're paying for poor quality work, but they don't care as it's so cheap.

Crimsonc, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  14. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that my time is worth more to me than a pack of cigarettes?

ansi, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  15. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    couldn't agree more.

ansi, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  16. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    WTF are you people talking about here.

Go and design for any price you want. If someone sells design for on fckng dollar let him. Who cares.
    You want to make rules and cry how you spent 700 dollars for PS and you cannot do any work for 20 bucks. Well who cares really ? Only you....
    Newbies has to design also. You are getting old and scared of all those kids who can design better and cheaper and don't need to justify dollars spent on "wquipment" since they know open source alternatives.

Man no one cares what you can buy and how much is your time worth! If someone considers his time worth 3$ who aew you to talk about ?
    I understand your frustration but go and get laid or something instead of telling people how much should they charge. It is free world afterall....
    Or you are telling me you are better person because you have legal PS and charge 100x more than a person with gimp or paint.net who is charging less ?
    Guess what you are bad businessman since you bought something and now you cannot justify its cost since all those kids are selling cheap templates around.
    If I can design a template in one hour and get 2 packs of cigarettes that is good for me. Guess you don't smoke huh ? Do you design ?
    How much is your time worth NOW reading this thread, posting or thinkinh how will you reply ? You would cut cost if you would look for clients and design instead of trashing other people right ?

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  17. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I think it's time to move onto the offline market where there are actual labour laws ;)

8everything, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  18. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you pay taxes and have everything legal you can sell design for 1c if you want !
    Of course the problems are people don't pay taxes and don't have any registered business and they still do business and earn. Either selling cheap or selling for a price....

That is where I see the problem and not in the cost od some one page template done in 15 minutes.

iatbm, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  19. dbabineau

dbabineau Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha that's funny :)

dbabineau, Oct 4, 2007 IP
  20. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    True.. people do have the right to sell their designs at any price.. if they were forced to, then that'd be another story.

I shouldn't have re-worded that the offline market is most likely to pay much more than the online one (based on personal experience).

8everything, Oct 4, 2007 IP