1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why people sells cheap design?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by shahcloud, Oct 3, 2007.

Are those people who sells cheap design dont use the original softwares?Original software surely cost a lot, and by selling cheap price like $1 will surely bring the market down. Dont you think so?

shahcloud, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    ansi likes this.
  2. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    which is why i loathe this forum these days. these cheap designers are flooding the forum and making it difficult to make decent money around here. not really a big deal because the majority of my work pays a lot better than anyone around here would even consider but still when i have no work i use this place to keep my bank account up and it's hard to do that these days with people selling $2 logos and stuff.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  3. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I guess it is unfair to those who design logos that are worth say $20 and then the are others who sell them a $5 a pop, it does bring the market down. I think most of the people who do it are just trying to make some quick extra bucks or need to build up portfolio.

Not sure if they bought the software or not though, they know that :).

daniegb123, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like how they're bringing down the market either, however: these customers must know that they get what they pay for ;)

But it sucks when they seem like they're doing "decent" work when it's all stock graphics.

8everything, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  5. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    But its just ridiculous, who would except $2 for a logo if they did the hard work themselves? I sure wouldn't, all it does is gets the buyer a good deal and the seller a little extra pay, but crushes the market and prices they should really be at.

ansi likes this.
  6. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i agree 100%

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  7. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess someone needs to do something, if it continues like this, this forum will surely lose professional designer. I mean the one who is really into the design niche and care about the originality. This is not a warez site where people shares pirated items. :(

8. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't touch these cheap designs with a stick, personally. I have, however, offered cheap designs, but this is only because I'm new to photoshop/illustrator and don't know how to make anything look good. I wouldn't expect to get $20+ for anything I do right now.

mjda, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  9. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    then do it for free and quit taking work from decent designers because you dont know what youa re doing. if you want to work on stuff to better yourself, do something for yourself. focus on your own websites.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  10. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they have already lost me. i just come here to rant about the shotty stuff :)

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  11. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree, something has to be done, I play this game on the net called hattrick (online football management game) no I know why am I talking about that but, you have a transfer market in that and recently it was very low until the Mod's an GMs came in and implemented a new system which took the prices to a high. Perhaps the Mod's at DP could change the rules to at least $15-20 for logos or something.

Just an idea, I have no clue lol :)

12. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Even $15 - 20 is cheap for logos :p

REAL Logo designs run for $100 -$400 ;) they're important for branding real images. I guess website "logos" aren't as important... (to some extent)

8everything, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    iatbm likes this.
  13. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Gimp, Paint.net and notepad++ is all you need really ;)

But I never saw template for $1 really ?

Otherwise I don't care if someone sells it for $1 since I can sell it for $2 :D

iatbm, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  14. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's still cheap for any type of corporate branding.

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  15. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well just for no purpose sites that don't sell off things, $20 is okay for them, since all the logo does is sits on there website :)

16. mjda

mjda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I came here mainly to get help in learning how to do it all. Instead, I'm greeted by selfish people like you who are only here to complain about all the people who are new. You should try to remember that you were new too, at some point. Just think about where you would be if you couldn't figure it out on your own, and nobody would help you. Oh yeah! You'd be the same place I am. ;)

mjda, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  17. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    Mods and GMs please implement some stuff, dont let the market price goes down like this. Like making the minimum price for design is $20 i think?

18. TargetedClix

TargetedClix Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree 100%.

TargetedClix, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  19. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many different market segments:
    for example:
    - people who have limited budget to work with.
    - people who have big budget to work with.

You will find people who have limited budget to work with tends to look for something that they can afford. Yet, there are still people who are willing to pay more for quality and unique digital work. Let's not assume everything cheap is of low quality and also let's assume designers who charge more could deliver high quality work.

Honestly, I don't think people who charge less will bring the market down. For some designers (starter), they have perfectly good reason to charge less.

There is no need to compete on prices. Just find your target market and put up a good plan to win the business. Build a good portfolio, show your quality works to your potential clients, give them a good reason to order from you and provide them the best service. I am sure you will do as good as (if not better than) those who charge less for their work.

currenz, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  20. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Real branding costs thousands of dollars, at least.
    Reiterating what's been already said, the buyers get what they pay for.

eruct, Oct 3, 2007 IP
    ansi and e10 like this.