1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why not Superpages.com Pay Per Click?

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by IloveSuperpages.com, Jun 9, 2005.

1. padotta

padotta Peon

Best Answers:
    HI...I am also a rep for VZ superpages and superpages.com.

I also consider myself ethical, and do not sell programs that I do not believe would work.

TO all of the business folks on the page....if you are in a strong Yellow Pages Heading-and trust me, we as reps can let you know...or just look in the book to the headings that have a ton of advertising -(attorneys, florists, plumbers, heating/air conditioning contractors, electrical contractors...) YELLOW PAGES is a necessary part of your business if you want those customers who need your services now and have money ready to buy! You decide how many calls you want...the larger ads will get you the most calls....now if you intertwine PPC with that if you can only handle a certain amount of jobs a month...I would say then spend wisely.
    SEMrush
    Any internet advertising is unique because all of it is trackable...at any time...we as sales reps can let you know how many people not only viewed your type of business in your specific area...we can tell you if your name came up in that search, and if they viewed your info. You can actually access all of this info yourself.

The folks searching are just like yellow page people...money in hand ready to buy.....if your listing tells them the right info..you will get the call..its up to you to make the sale...but it is all trackable.

We are here to make you money! if you need any information please go to www.verizon.superpages.com this has a lot of info on it. Otherwise call the 800...we are here to help folks like you understand this....Think about it...Verizon use to sell those positionings (the ppc) for multiple thousands of dollars a month...we got them to change it so the small to medium business owners could afford it! $25 a month to have top placement? What does an ad on the front cover of a newspaper or those top hits that come up in google cost? .....Hope this helps

padotta, Aug 26, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Ken Zon

Ken Zon Member

Best Answers:
    SuperPages and YP in general suffer from:

a) poor reputation of online products
    b) association with old-school YP business model (max dollars for questionable returns)
    c) lack of association with anything modern or high tech

The fact is that YP should own Local Search - but it's yet another online opportunity blown.

Ken Zon, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  3. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    that is the exact reason that Verizon has adopted a PPC model of billing. No other YP has done this. Also superpages ranks # 25 in internet unique visitors based on Neilsen Net Ratings figures. It is the only YP in the Top 25.... do a search on google. you will see business profile info come up.... thanks to our profiles and content.... superpages is preferred by Google and Yahoo search.

IloveSuperpages.com, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  4. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    What area you work??

IloveSuperpages.com, Aug 29, 2005 IP
  5. godofdomains

godofdomains Peon

Best Answers:
    Will they accept international affiliates?

godofdomains, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  6. godofdomains

godofdomains Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi. Sorry to ask again.

I could not find the affiliate signup link on superpages.com
    Can you please help?

godofdomains, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Why would a company in India advertise in the local listing for Buffalo, NY?

I think ILoveSuperpages said way earlier in this thread that ads convert poorly if you are not offering a service in that area. Apparently, people are using this CPC more to find plumbers, etc then SEO's and Web Designers

yfs1, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  8. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    *NEW superpages.com Pay Per Call!

*Superpages.com is basically going to offer Superpages customers the ability to advertise in Google and Yahoo PPC's or the superpages.com site.

Roll-out will be October 2005-Nov 2005! Stay Tuned!!!:)

IloveSuperpages.com, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  9. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use superpages ppc and it works well for my local business. But the billing process is confusing. I signed up with $25 in free advertising, but I did not get it. When I call them to try to get it, the said I would have to spend $25 first then they would credit my cc with the $25. I spent $45 and still no credit. I call again this time they said that I was getting a $10 credit to my account, not to my cc, and then they dinged my cc for $15 ?? WTF !! I'm so confused... why can't they just do it like google does ?? Anyway, they are so nice in explaining it to me, but I just don't get it! But I am getting calls to my local business from them, so I guess I'll stick with it

-RonMo

ronmojohny, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  10. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    click news:

""

Superpages.com Tries on Agency Hat› › › ClickZ News

By Zachary Rodgers | July 25, 2005

Verizon SuperPages.com's local PPC advertisers have increased their local budgets to levels beyond what can be spent in its own network. Rather than turn them away, the company places their campaigns on rival PPC networks.

SuperPages.com hopes by placing search campaigns on Yahoo! and Google on behalf of its local advertisers, it will simultaneously open a new revenue stream and encourage even larger budget allocations. The company's VP of E-Commerce Marketing, Eric Chandler, said it would start testing the "pay-per-click plus" initiative in August, and will roll it out to its local sales force after Labor Day.

"Our biggest challenge is these people are giving us more money than we can spend in our network," he said. "We've secured $65 million in budgets, but we're not able to spend that in our own network. There's a lot more money in that existing pool of advertisers. If we could spend all of what they gave us, they would increase their budgets even more."

Search marketing experts have long predicted the rise of local SEM, and the operators of PPC networks are working to provide the infrastructure to support small- to mid-sized companies who wish to dive in. So far, it's been unclear how the market will scale up. Many regional business owners lacking the time and expertise to manage a self-service search marketing campaign.

SuperPages.com, with its national yellow pages business and a regionally integrated sales network, appears ready to help the business grow. By revising its operation to function as a search agency, the company stands to grow its own network while becoming the gateway through which many small businesses try search marketing for the first time.

The campaigns will initially be sold on a flat fee basis, but that's likely to change.

"We'll be adjusting our... fee structures, " said Chandler. "We're going to be moving more to a percentage of spend going forward. That lines up more with how existing SEMs charge."

Earlier this month, Verizon SuperPages.com revamped its Web site, and the company recently partnered with Martindale Hubble and Psychology Today to offer users searchable listings on lawyers and psychologists by region. ""

another interesting article.......????

""

SuperPages.com Redesigns, Mimics Google, Yahoo!
    by Shankar Gupta, Friday, Jul 15, 2005 7:30 AM EST

IN AN EFFORT TO COMPETE in the growing local search market, SuperPages.com this week has completed a set of redesigns and upgrades that make the site look and feel more like a search engine such as Google Local or Yahoo! Local.

Among other changes, the search fields were simplified and relocated to the top of the homepage, while tabs were added for searches in merchandise, eBay auctions, and Web pages. On the advertising side, SuperPages is also beginning to incorporate formats pioneered by search engines. It already includes pay-per-click search ads, and will incorporate pay-per-call ads by the end of the summer, according to Robyn Rose, SuperPages.com's director of product and channel marketing.
    "We are in many ways taking the aspects that we admire in search engines and adding them into our site from a user perspective, in the same way that search engines are adding things from IYPs [Internet Yellow Pages] that they like," Rose said.

Overall, SuperPages.com accounts for .02 percent of total U.S. Internet visits, while Yahoo!'s local search product .31 percent of U.S. Internet visits; Google Local, a newcomer, which grew 464 percent in the last six months, now captures .007 percent of total U.S. Internet visits. In the last six months, SuperPages.com has increased its total Internet market share by 86 percent -- part of which might be due to the addition of several traffic partners that had been taken offline for evaluation, according to a spokeswoman.
    Kelsey Group analyst Greg Sterling said local search engines like Google Local and Yahoo! Local have conditioned users to expect a certain degree of ease of use, and now Internet Yellow Pages is working to catch up to that standard. "Google and Yahoo! and other search engines have really conditioned user expectations from a usability standpoint," he said. "[Internet Yellow Pages] didn't meet the ease of use standard that was established in the wake of the rise of Google and Yahoo!"

Sterling added that while Internet Yellow Pages like SuperPages.com competes with local search engines, they also offer their advertisers different services. While local search engines deliver high volumes of traffic, IYPs deliver users who are further along in the buying process, and more ready to make a final purchase decision. "There's room for both of them in the market, there's definitely some competitive issues there, but I don't think it ends up with one clearly winning and the other clearly not winning," he said. ""

Jeff.... what kind of feedback do you have??

can someone tell me what the deal is with the industry standard 30% campaign management fee?? That is something that most have adopted..... thanks for your input!

IloveSuperpages.com, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  11. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    The volume of clicks was similar to Google which I was running at the same time. Overall the cost per click was lower.

I don't want to get into details but I will say that I was fairly frustrated with the online interface. :(

ResaleBroker, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  12. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I know the 25.00 is after the fact.... meaning it is not FREE. but a FREE credit after becomming a legit customer. I would suggest calling" PPC billing for a "history".... then you can really tell if the credit did not take place. Also... everything is automated with trained monkeys! lol :)

Actually... complex systems and software. ;)

IloveSuperpages.com, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  13. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:

Im just curious whats your intrest in spamming superpages... do you work there? Are you representing superpages here at dp?

I have found ok returns with superpages.

Shoemoney, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  14. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I just tried to set up a PPC ad and when it got to where it asks for the "global bid" it crapped out. Some kind of error. I tried it three or four times. This would be good for me because I'm very localized to the Los Angeles area. I'll try this again tomorrow and see what happens.

nfzgrld, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  15. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey! I'm in the middle of setting up my PPC acccount. I haven't pulled the trigger yet though, I'm on the "Order Summary" page and haven't hit the "Complete Order" button yet. I went to check my CC balance just to make sure I was up to date and found that superpages.com has ALREADY put a charge on it. Sorry, but that's just way the hell out of line! No more for me, thanks anyway.

nfzgrld, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  16. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the charge was simply to "test" the validity of the CC?? I am confused now... anyone doing superpages can vouch for this??? :confused:

IloveSuperpages.com, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  17. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    yes.... I do work for Verizon... and no.. I am a local YP rep... nothing wrong with me knowing more about a product and sharing info (inside scoop if you wish ;) ). Just because I work here does not mean I am not honest. By the way..... it was not known by most that VZ offered this. :D

IloveSuperpages.com, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  18. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like their phone service!!!!

cormac, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  19. Kirchenbauer

Kirchenbauer Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say this. I use SuperPages PPC, but I have never had a conversion. I don't know who is clicking on the listings because
    they aren't calling me.

The only calls I get are for the wrong company, meaning that
    they called my number because they copied it down wrong
    and meant to call the company listed above or below me. So,
    I get to pay for the click.

I did work with someone at Verizon to optimize my ad, too.

My ad is nationwide, and I get calls from people in a specific
    state thinking that I am located there. For instance, they will
    call from Mississippi and they are shocked to hear that I am
    in Ohio.

I've also gotten calls from Nigeria using one of those services
    that the hearing-impaired use. Scam calls.

The SuperPages just hasn't been effective for me.

Kirchenbauer, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  20. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    what categories or key words?? what reach?? and what promotional text?? If you want you can PM me the details. Also I have a neat trick to see a current bid amounts while on the page.

also why do you select nationwide?? first 5 spots are Metro/State/National... next 3 are Local City or County. You don't need a nationwide it sounds like. Just a fast way to eat up a buck or two.

edit: if it is for http://www.noahsanimalfigurines.com/catalog/ I doubt a YP is the way to go. Collectibles don't do well in the YP's.

IloveSuperpages.com, Oct 11, 2005 IP