1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why my Yahoo! Answers ID got suspension?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ValeriaLucius, May 15, 2013.

Hi all.... I have a problem with my yahoo account. Through my yahoo account I used to give answers in Yahoo! Answers. Nearly 45 days back I received a mail from Yahoo, which is intimating me violation of guidelines and they cut 10 points from my Yahoo!Answers account. Then I appealed to Yahoo Services regarding violation, they said sorry and I got 10 points back. Recently one week back I got another mail from Yahoo which is also intimating me violation of guidelines and this time they suspended my Yahoo!Answers account. I can sign in but when I click the "Answer Question" it is showing an error message regarding suspension. I am unable to answer the questions and my previous answers are also not visible. I appealed Yahoo Services too, but the response is not satisfiable. Knowingly I didn't violate any of yahoo answers guidelines, I don't know the exact reason too.
    How can I get my account back and what would be the reason for suspension.
    If any one of you has any idea, please let me know.
    Thank You.
    SEMrush

ValeriaLucius, May 15, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. opticalpigion

opticalpigion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe you was providing to much links in your answer.

opticalpigion, May 15, 2013 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a good question opticalpigion.

ValeriaLucius: The Yahoo Answers TOS does not allow advertising of any kind. Were you trying to promote a website or a blog in your answers? If so, Yahoo Answers would suspend you for that.

danasurvey, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Did you participated on yahoo questions/answers? You might leave your links incorrectly.

lesa mitchell, Jun 5, 2013 IP
  5. John Michael

John Michael Member

Best Answers:
    The big company like yahoo etc has always doing something according to some specific reason. if you using question/answer or directory or forum and you give too much answering then this will the reason and specially if you using your keyword for backlinking.

John Michael, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  6. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is mainly due to low quality answer than too much promotion.. at first you have to build trust..

SERPpoint, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  7. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you can't get your account back, mostly in some area of yahoo answer have restrict area, no promotion on link will allowed, but we as user didn't know.. my account also get suspend

robyries, Jun 27, 2013 IP
  8. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same problem before with my Yahoo Answers account. Like you, I've been sending emails to Yahoo support staff but nothing happened. I even sent a petition. Yet, they just ignored me and my petition. So, I just created a different account and start from scratch.

I looked back and reviewed my responses. It appears that I've violated their rules and terms for I included links that are sexual in nature and an email informed me that I was sending virus through the links I included in my responses.

So, you might as well check your responses. You could have unknowingly violated their rules and terms of use as I did. In that case, you can't revert the violation. All you can do now is to create a new account. Besides, it's free and easy to get a new one.

serellived, Jul 3, 2013 IP