1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why microsoft sucks...

Discussion in 'Bing' started by boomer03, Aug 6, 2007.

OK, here we go.

I recieved an email with a .eml extension. Outlook express used to open these, but ever since I upgraded to the 'latest and greatest' IE, I can't open them. (I have gone back to Firefox).

No big deal I thought, I just need to reassociate the eml file extension with outlook. S I go through the motions and when I get to the bit where I select the file type to associate it to, it's not in the list.

So I find a fix on the net and all seems well.

Now when I open my email and click on the attachment a box opens up showing me that the attachment is actually a powerpoint with a .pps extension. I click on it and get the error message telling me that I need to associate a program with the extension to be able to open the file.

No big deal. I'll just re-associate the extension with the powerpoint viewer I downloaded a while ago as I don't have the real powerpoint. I try to associate the extension through the 'folder options' menu. When it comes time to select the powerpoint viewer program, I can't find it. It has gone from the list.

I go back to the microsoft site and download the powerpoint viewer again.

When I click to install it, there is no option of where to install it. Microsoft in thier bully boy 'we know best because we are computer nerds' have decided that they will install it in a secret location on my PC. I have searched for nearly an hour now and can't find it. I know it's there because I have installed it three times now and each time I am told that it has been successfully installed. F**kers!

All well and good BUT IT STILL WON'T OPEN THE EMAIL!

Now when I go to associate the file extension type with the viewer, I can't find the effing program to associate it with.

This isn't the first effing time I have had problems with microsoft things. They seem to be written by PC nobs who have no idea how to relate to normal people. I am reasonably computer savvy but am immensly frustrated at something that really should be extremely simple.

And how the hell do they get away with releasing an operating system thet doesn't work %100 correctly? They release bugs and patches for vista within hours of releasing the OS. They did the same thing with XP. Can you imagine buying a brand new car and then having to go back to the dealer every few days to get yoyr wheels changed because there is a bug in the tyres that makes them incompatible with the road? Or how about having to get the motor changed because it has a bug that causes it to shut down every time you pass a green convertibe. "Sorry, we released the car onto the market with very little testing. But we are making a fortune so the government will let us get away with it." Pack of bastards.

DO IT PROPERLY YOU P**CKS. No wonder people steal your software. You deserve to have it stolen. More interested in stopping people from pirating it than you are in having it work properly in the first place.

Bastards.

boomer03, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I know your hurt. I am weaning myself from MS as much as I can. Can't let go of Windows though. I just love Gmail though. Everything about it just rocks and it's so quick and you can set all email hyperlinks to open up in Gmail. Google will one day overtake MS in all areas. Why? Because they just make things better.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  3. boomer03

boomer03 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, It seems that Microsoft just don't give a rats backside about getting things right. Releasing bugg filled products sucks. No other industry would get away with it. And the microsoft help system is made for PC geeks and I'm sure many of them would have trouble understanding the instructions on that site.

And I say geeks in the most lovingest way possible. We all have a bit of geek inside us. (That's not meant to sound rude!)

boomer03, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  4. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i hope MS does get some competition from Google and Apple, This could only be a good thing!

Mark Davies, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  5. clookid

clookid Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You will be happy to know that Microsoft has been sued (due to the release of Vista). College children attempted to run programs that could "only run on Vista" on XP. The programs worked perfectly. Microsoft simply made a graphics enhancement and the "great security" was just as secure as XP.

I completely agree with you, Microsoft deserve to have their products nulled. If they aren't coded properly, why should you have to "code" some money out of your pocket?

It would be great if Google created their own OS, it would be a lot less buggy. :)

clookid, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  6. Sean-Pollock

Sean-Pollock Peon

Best Answers:
    A google os would probably be free too!

Sean-Pollock, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  7. mwtrag

mwtrag Peon

Best Answers:
    google would rule if they made a OS to compete with msft.

mwtrag, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  8. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Claudek, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  9. Osaka

Osaka Peon

Best Answers:
    A google operating system would be awsome yeah

Osaka, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  10. gsmile

gsmile Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try switching to some other software, I can't think of it right now, but it also opens files like .pps, etc. but may not be compatible with some servers.

gsmile, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  11. RogerWilco

RogerWilco Peon

Best Answers:
    Another useless thread that bashes Microsoft for no reason. Just out of curiosity... you have free will and are not being forced to use their products? For every GREAT Microsoft app there is there are plenty of other you could use.

A Google OS would be just as plain boring and slow as what people are use to from Google.

RogerWilco, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  12. boomer03

boomer03 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Claudek. That's what I used to do. Just save to disk and then open. Since I upgraded IE, I can't even do that and I can't find the powerpoint viewer that I used to use. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway mate.:D

boomer03, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  13. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Well. Everything I use from Google is fast and efficient. Therefore, I don't know what Google products you are referring to.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  14. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I switched to a mac recently...and I installed windows on parallels thinking I would need it and I have only used it once....no crashes....

oseymour, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  15. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    microsoft sucks because they are too arrogant to go get GOOD SE people like G does..
    msn blows hard

BrianJump, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  16. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you realise your post has nothing to do at all with the topic this thread was based on?

Claudek, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  17. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using outlook express. Works o.k.

bogart, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  18. boomer03

boomer03 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK Wilco....

Firstly READ THE THREAD. I'm not bashing them for no reason. I'm bashing them because thier programs suck. Thier help section is pathetic. Thier upgrades and updates cause other programs to stop working. And they release software onto the market before it is fully functional, thus causing problems for your average PC user like me.

Secondly, and you have just proved my point by saying "Another useless thread". If so many people are bashing microsoft, doesn't that sorta mean there is a problem?

Thanks for your useless reply. :D

Boomer

boomer03, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  19. Mars-X12

Mars-X12 Banned

Best Answers:
    hehehe.. :D why don't try Mac?

Mars-X12, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  20. dnordstrom

dnordstrom Guest

Best Answers:
    Long live Apple Inc. Oh, and have you seen the new iMacs they released today? Awesome...

dnordstrom, Aug 7, 2007 IP