1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why MFA sites can hurt you

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Avatar7, Jul 31, 2006.

1. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Everyone is so quick to blame the MFA's sites for their problems when they are doing equally shady things to gain links, pr, and placement in the search engines.

1EightT, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  2. samzach

samzach Peon

Best Answers:
    MFA sites that are being "advertised" on Adwords, Overture etc. are the worst. You click on an ad thinking this might be a quality site with some information.
    For example, search for mesothelioma and you see advertisements for sites like http://ga.themesotheliomasite.net/, http://www.mesotheleomatreatments.com/, http://www.mesotheliomaguide.ws/ which are TRULY MFA!

If your site is ranking high on search engines, you probably won't need to advertise. For others, the good quality sites just get lost in the sea of crappy sites.

samzach, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  3. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    So work harder developing your site to outrank them. There is nothing stopping you from bidding on the same keywords in adwords and outranking them there either.

1EightT, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  4. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    1Eight, it's not just about them getting better PR than our sites, It's that they pay much less than ads of quality sites + all the previous reasons I mentioned

5. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Isn't that suggesting that something is wrong with your ppc campaign if they are paying less?

1EightT, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  6. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Made for adsense sites don't really hurt as it is rumored. As long as you have content google Adsense probably wont ban you.

IamNed, Aug 9, 2006 IP
  7. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    No, it means something is wrong with MFA sites. I shouldn't be thinking of improving my PPC campaign just because of the prescence of such crappy sites.And being a fact and I have to deal with it, how am I supposed to filter all MFA's?? Oh and google is raising the minimum bid on such sites, so it gives you an idea that these sites are not that welcomed and that it's more of google's
    job to deal with it than us

Ok no banning, but many other adverse effects. Ask google about that.