1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why many people suck a math.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tesla, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know how heavy water is?
    :D

Hodgedup, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  2. mhee

mhee Banned

Best Answers:
    i really hate math subject

mhee, Nov 4, 2005 IP
  3. OneCalledNinja

OneCalledNinja Peon

Best Answers:

indeed-

im only in the 11th and already theyre trying to shove calc down our throats... why do we need to know this... i dont care, im not sure any1 really cares. To be honest I dont know where in every day life you would use this trash, i mean... really... maybe if your in some high-tech line of work it'll matter but i dont think the adverage joe is going to need to know this, right?:confused:
    isnt the basics enough??? thats all any1 uses anyways, unless your a teacher... but then its your job to know it...soooo... whats the point of us learning it??? IS THERE A POINT??? and im not really sure about this but i thyink colleges make u take furthur math... and thats just...i dont even have a response to that... after i learn it im just going to forget it so why try- math is the suck... thats right... THE suck.... im gonna go smash my head into some walls untill i rid it from my febal little mind -w00t p---(O_O)---q

OneCalledNinja, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you recycled an old thread eh? Well, math isn't that important. I mean, Einstein just came up with a formula which allows matter to be converted into energy, which has led to a technology capable of destroying a major city........but that isn't a big deal.

Oh, and the computer you're making that post on, some genius had to use math to write to program so that you could use your operating system, but I don't think that is very important........

Without math we wouldn't be able to launch satellites, build robots, program computer games, or send the space shuttle into orbit. But that isn't important either, right?

And I guess it doesn't matter that the Asians excel in math more than the average American. I mean after all, their economies are outpacing ours, and most of our tech jobs are going over there, right?

Yeah math isn't important. It just makes up the foundation of the universe......no big deal.

tesla, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  5. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I was always the best in my class at math, that was my best and favorite subject. I can't believe people hate math! :confused: I did hate school though, math and lunch and going home were the only highlights.

Colleen, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  6. OneCalledNinja

OneCalledNinja Peon

Best Answers:
    Math is important- but um... no1 really NEEEDS to know that much of it, just like u dont need to know how every machine in your house works, or how the surgen does open heart surgery- as long as it keeps u alive.

7. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nnooooo! Those things are very important! They will take us into the future. I survive on math and am pretty good at it.

DuncanM, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  8. OneCalledNinja

OneCalledNinja Peon

Best Answers:

and your taking this alittle to far, maybe i didnt explain myself.
    in high school, math shouldnt b a heavy class. If your going to get a tech job they'lll teach u the math again anyway, at a high school level they should teach the basics and THEN if the student wants to learn furthur math THEN they should look into that... but if your not planning on using it then the school board should get our backs and let us get on with our lifes... rather then holding us back because were not an Asian at math, and about 10 or 12 kids dropped this year because they failed the same math class 3-4 times, somthings wrong with that... and most the people ive talked to who have already graduated from college dont even remeber or use any of the math they taught at a high school level so...

9. jdjaded

jdjaded Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure your suggestions for improving math are already what happens in American schools. the biggest problem is that we don't have enough good teachers who encourage kids to pursue math. kids decide at too young of an age that they just "don't get" math, and then they completely write it off. higher quality teachers and more motivated students would solve this problem.

jdjaded, Oct 31, 2010 IP
  10. leonice

leonice Peon

Best Answers:
    Math is a science that you start to like only after someone makes you practice it every day....otherwise you will most like hate it.

leonice, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  11. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    easy.. people have different preferences also when it comes to subjects but it can also change overtime

alodia, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  12. rickmaster

rickmaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when i'm in elementary school and high school, i like math very much... but when i came to college, it became more complicated.. but more challanging i think. but still i never had "A" in some exams, it always "C" or sometimes "B", well...?

rickmaster, Oct 20, 2011 IP
  13. undertaker1

undertaker1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some people have the ability, some dont. All depends on ability

undertaker1, Oct 21, 2011 IP
  14. _nicu_

_nicu_ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because it's so hard to understand it's principles.I am student at Energetic Engeneering and it's so hard.I don't think i can take it anymore.

_nicu_, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  15. potentialeight

potentialeight Peon

Best Answers:
    As someone who has been involved with mathematics education quite a bit, I think the main problem in the US right now is that from the time you start school, you're taught math in a sequence that is designed to teach you calculus. However, only a slim minority of people will ever need to use or understand calculus. Instead, I think the focus should be on preparing people to understand statistics, which the vast majority of people would benefit from and enjoy much more.

potentialeight, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  16. BeSeN

BeSeN Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to with your country... I also suck at math and dropped out of university because of it.

BeSeN, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  17. laceybeautiful

laceybeautiful Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate math because it is difficult to understand. Mostly I hate abc combination with math.
    like this a+b+c=4, x67=56y=67
    what is this?

laceybeautiful, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  18. zzgear

zzgear Peon

Best Answers:
    I always loved math... It's so logical i just could never understand why most people dont get it

zzgear, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  19. potentialeight

potentialeight Peon

Best Answers:
    The letters (called variables) are just place holders for numbers that you don't know yet. By putting them in a mathematical expression, it allows you to learn more about them. You can also learn what they are just by putting them into an equation pretty often.

Let's say you're doing a PPC campaign where you're paying some amount per click and make some other amount per sale. You could use an equation with variables in it to determine what your conversion rate has to be to at least break even on the campaign. So you could have something like C = cost per click, S = amount you make per sale, and R is your conversion rate. Then R * S = C is an equation describes when your campaign will break even since it will break even when your conversion rate multiplied by your amount of $$ per sale is equal to your cost per click. With this equation, if you know any two of the variables, you can figure out what the third one has to be.

For example, say you have a cost per click (C) of $0.50 and an amount made per sale (S) of $17. Then the equation R * S = C becomes R * 17 = 0.50. If you divide both sides by 17, you'll get R = 0.0294, which is 2.94%. This means that your conversion rate to break even would be 2.94%, so you'd obviously need a higher conversion rate (or a lower CPC, or a higher amount made per sale) to make the campaign profitable if none of the other variables change.

potentialeight, Oct 26, 2011 IP
  20. bharatmax

bharatmax Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.I think you got it exactly right.Many people think its science but its not.Its the language that the universe speaks like Music.

bharatmax, Oct 26, 2011 IP