1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why lot of people say Google is better then Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by webcosmo, Aug 10, 2007.

1. akhilesh243

akhilesh243 Active Member

Best Answers:
    akhilesh243, Sep 12, 2007 IP
  2. Alakazam

Alakazam Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone. Personally I like Yahoo and in the office that is what we use for searches, same as I found this forum. Google is good nad popular but I think Yahoo gives more of a relevant information. Thanks.

Alakazam, Sep 13, 2007 IP
  3. subpuppy

subpuppy Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be interesting to see what each persons job role is that has commented on this topic. I'm guessing, based on my own personal experience, that more tech people use google than do others. It's been a long time since I've heard a systems administrator or DBA say that they use Yahoo, but then again that could just be the people I hang out with and work with.

I am a unix/linux systems engineer. I used to use altavista way back when, but then my peers at the time started talking about Google which was back in 2001. I've been using Google ever since then but I do use other search engines when I can't find what I'm looking for there. That tends to be very rare tho.

subpuppy, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about PPC (I'm not sure by how you worded the question) then I'd say most prefer Google over Yahoo because of the following reasons:

#1 more traffic
    #2 much better/faster/more intuitive user interface
    #3 no waiting for an editor to approve ads (in most cases...)

But I will say that I think too many people overlook Yahoo. It should also be used. Why? The conversions are GREAT in my experience (better than Google) so while you will get less traffic, it's very high quality traffic. Also there tends to be less competition there.

Zibblu, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  5. WebTalkVB

WebTalkVB Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google will always be better search-wise. Although Yahoo! is meant to be the most visited homepage in the world. Their directory is meant to be really popular, they have stock reports (like other people have said) and that is where Yahoo! is good.

And another thing that makes it apparent that Google has the best search technology is that many big corporations use their search technology on their websites (and even on their intranets!).

But no doubt Yahoo! doesn't have an advanced search engine too, it's what your opinion is at the end of the day...Yahoo! is still stiff competition.

WebTalkVB, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  6. flash902007

flash902007 Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah i certainly prefer google to yahoo. they send me ALOT more traffic then yahoo do. well to be specific, google send me 29% more traffic than yahoo does

flash902007, Sep 14, 2007 IP