1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is Yahoo ignoring my website?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by zee, Jul 23, 2006.

My onpage optimization seems to be good. My site was in the top 10 in MSN but dropped to the page 2. I am waiting for MSN to update its cache so that my site could go back up in the top 10 (hopefully). Why is Yahoo ignoring me? My site is a mixture of directory of financial websites and information about mortgage, loans etc so there is a lot of content, lots of articles. Like I said, my onpage optimization is great (or so I believe).

I registered my domain back in November 2005. Does this mean that Ageing can be an issue here? How many backlinks should I have in order to have any rankings in Yahoo search result. My site does appear on number 1 spot of a not-so-important keyword but doesn't do anything for the keyword I am trying to target. Any suggestions? Any ideas? Did you have such an experience? What did you do get in Yahoo's search result.

I am seeing more spam sites in Yahoo's search results than I could imagine! My site is far, FAR better than those sites! Why is my site down the drain?

Best regards,
    Zee

zee, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  2. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't feel like you are alone on this, Yahoo is having some serious issues. My domain was registered back in 1999, has thousands of quality old backlinks and is pure content. Yet while Google and MSN place my site in #1 for many search phrases Yahoo is burying my site for those exact same phrases. People are complaining about Google's search algo, but Yahoo is having much more serious issues.

KLB, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  3. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    It seems like MSN is also have some serious issues. It has been 15 days since they last updated their cache of my website and I have done tons of changes in the meanwhile. What are these search engines trying to do? :s

zee, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  4. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Fifteen days between a cache update isn't that big of a deal. SE's sometimes only update some sites once a month or less. It all depends on how important the SE's think it is to update specific sites.

KLB, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  5. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh sheesh, that's not good. I read here on DP that MSN was the quickest amongst the big three to update their cache! :s *nervous*

zee, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  6. lordmenace

lordmenace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's no time at all.

lordmenace, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  7. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok so I should sit and relax and wait some more? I am actually worried becuase I kept on reading that MSN updates the cache real quick but then again, why is it pushing my site further down the results? :S oh I realllyyy need some help :s

zee, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wait???

Is your competition waiting?? I doubt it...if they are that's two not business inclined people.

Listen business does not survive waiting for a free ride. Those who get them are lucky... and if it all their business is built on is search engines, then when the search engines have an issue... they are out of business and crying.

Is this a business model you wish to emulate???

Three words to live by for businesspeople.

P A Y T O A D V E R T I S E

Business have been very sucessful doing the above for several hundred years prior to free ride on search engines being born...

:eek: wait lol

Sem-Advance, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  9. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    You are right actually. I see that MSN is ignoring my site cuz it's not updating the cache but Yahoo is. Still, no rank in Yahoo. I am thinking that I should submit my site in Yahoo Directory. Maybe that'll help :S

zee, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  10. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have Google ads on that site? I have a very similar issue and believe the reasoning is that I am feeding Google revenue, and Yahoo is reluctent to feed me traffic to fuel that fire.

clasione, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  11. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I seriously doubt Yahoo would take this action, it just doesn't make good business sense. Besides I can point out plenty of sites who are also using AdSense and still showing up high in the results.

I'm thinking there is a more fundemental indexing/algo problem at Yahoo. It might be a similar problem that is hurting the relevance of YPN ads. Search engine algos are pretty complex things.

KLB, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  12. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    zee, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  13. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have spend many many months identifying possibilities. Lets run a poll and see if any numbers make sence:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=113676

14. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    No that is wrong lol..

Yahoo has problems ...

Yahoo also probably has no clue who you are....or that you even own a website.....conspiracy theories are too easy to toss about.

Sem-Advance, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  15. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Defintely will help with getting crawled, indexed, and better rankings with Yahoo.

16. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My site has been in the Yahoo directory for years and that hasn't helped me with this issue that has been going on for about a year now.... So keep that in mind when concidering the $300 yearly fee....

The is a difference in quality when it comes to Yahoo... There are two different methods when measuring site value.... The $300 per year quality guidelines seem to be somewhat different than algorithmic quality...

17. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    As for a poll it is not needed really..

Step back and think a minute.....when did Yahoo problems start??

Ohh right around the time they announced they were going to start working on a new advertising platform called 'Panama'

Since Yahoo was finagling (sp?) things and testing etc, I believe they done wrecked the algorithim and are having issues getting it back to the state it was before.

The recent announcement that 'Panama' is move back to Q1 2007 would seem to back that ascertation..

However, (Working on political skills here) I could be wrong.

Peace

18. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Which site John??

Nevermind I just looked at L.I.Exchange and see a major reason...your meta keyword tag is one big keyword term and most are not used on the page (looking at just the index page)

Yahoo has used meta kewyord tag to match against page content for some time now and your keyword terms do not match the page content.

Also your page is very very heavy in coding...ever tried to validate???

19. clasione

clasione Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I started noticing most of the issues, that atleast I am following, around the time YSM got fully released....

20. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    I would say that is also around the time the Yahoo V.P. made that statment about the meta keywords and page content..

Hope it helps.