1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is Twitter mobile only showing local trends for me all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by powelladam02, Apr 21, 2016.

Ok so I use Twitter a lot and I only look at it on my phone, and when you go to the search option on the app, when you click on "search Twitter" on the bar, it always showed the top ten trending things on Twitter for me worldwide and each trend would have a couple hundred thousand or even a million tweets.

Then suddenly in the span of a couple minutes my search bar has completely changed. Now it shows twenty results trending instead of ten. That's not my biggest issue though.

upload_2016-4-21_23-0-1.png upload_2016-4-21_23-2-4.png

upload_2016-4-21_23-0-48.png

See I currently live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. For some reason, Twitter decided to only start showing me things that were trending in Pittsburgh instead of worldwide. How do I know this? Because out of all the 20 things shown, almost half of them were about a hockey game involving the Pittsburgh Penguins currently happening when these pictures were taken. Kunitz, Crosby, Conor Sheary, #PITVSNYR, Lundqvist, Geno, Matt Muray, and #LetsGoPens were all things having to do with said hockey game.

Now I know that the entire Twitter world isn't obsessed with one measly hockey game in my city so I know it's local. Not to mention that not only is it not showing things trending in the millions or hundreds of thousands, it's now only showing them in a couple thousands which tells me it's mainly coming from inside my local area.

I just want help on how to get my Twitter search back to a top ten worldwide trending list. I have no idea what to do. I've tried re-uploading the app, logging in and out of Twitter, and restarting my phone.

Is there something in the settings I'm missing? Did Twitter get an update? Does anyone else have this problem? Anything? Thanks.

powelladam02, Apr 21, 2016 IP