1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is traffic so hard to get?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dionne Taylor, Nov 11, 2013.

1. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Too many variables involved for anyone to offer any type of forecast that would be useful. The safest thing to say is that it will be at least double the time that you expect and likely a lot longer than that. Building a business always takes more time, effort and expense than anyone originally predicts.

jrbiz, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  2. Cyberchoices

Cyberchoices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dionne,

I have 3 tips that I have found critical to success:
    1. Headings with questions rather than answers stimulate interest if your audience truly relates. For example, "Are you having a problem losing weight?" rather than, "Weight loss solutions". Then, once they are stimulated to read, connect in to the question in your header. For example, "If you're having a problem losing weight, you're probably feeling discouraged. I know I was, but what I found was......"
    2. Write for your audience not for yourself. Have you got a specific target audience with a real need? Because you need to be writing for them rather than yourself.
    3. Make your content viral by making it entertaining or enlightening and then syndicating it on social media sites.
    There's no guarantees in the blogging world, but I hope you find these tips helpful and have great success in the future.

Cyberchoices, Nov 13, 2013 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. Getawab

Getawab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Research your keywords and make sure you target keyword that has more searches, Create unique content, optimize on page seo, build backlinks on relevant topics ( blog commenting, forum linking, article marketing etc) and you will soon see visible increase in traffic.

Getawab, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  4. ooPekoPeko

ooPekoPeko Peon

Best Answers:
    Work harder on unique content, well made content (even if there is no text in it - only images) works the best + relevant title and description. I recommend to start with long tail keywords which are easy to pick from google keyword planner. Good Luck!

ooPekoPeko, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  5. James@wishpond

James@wishpond Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A while, honestly. But the good news is that once you start seeing traffic, it does get easier to get more. I'll repeat a few people and really recommend social shares (there are sharing toolbar plugins for wordpress you can place on each blog article - this can increase article virality by up to 700%, no joke) and definitely link-building (social bookmarking, influencer marketing, etc) to optimize your blog for search. It's also worth thinking about creating a landing page to generate email addresses and then start email marketing, which is still the best way (in my opinion) to nurture a lead and encourage a final action (if that's your goal). Good luck!

James@wishpond, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  6. Michael Mayer

Michael Mayer Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you are sharing your content on the various Social Networks and emailing your marketing lists. Make sure you are updating your blog daily with new Valuable Content.

Michael Mayer, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Make sure your blog posts are thought provoking and insightful. I think too many people start blogging with the intentions of making money but their articles add little value. There is no reason for people to read it hardly, or at times even link to it. The vast majority of my traffic comes from content on my websites that are guides or how to's that provide real value to the readers. In fact, I have one forum thread on one of my sites that was written by someone else. It wasn't the best grammar or well constructed, it simply provided value.

If you are blogging, write about your learning processes of whatever you're talking about. Give real thoughts and be personable.

PHPGator, Nov 22, 2013 IP
    freelancewebaz likes this.
  8. efansite

efansite Member

Best Answers:
    You run a blog on making money through blogging, then post this.

efansite, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  9. YesThatsMe

YesThatsMe Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is hard to get because people focus on everything but not creating content.

YesThatsMe, Nov 27, 2013 IP
    EngineerofSuccess likes this.
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like your blog. Why? Because it seems you are confused with the direction you want to take with it. The initial posting and domain name suggests this blog is going to be YOUR journey to making money online. Then you read through a few posts and it seems as if your blog is just another "how to make money online" blog. Then you read some more and you are offering your visitors advice and encouragement as if you have already accomplished your goal (wtf?). Then it becomes apparent that THIS blog on YOUR journey to make money IS the blog you expect to make money on..... It's all confusing and a poor business model.

I can't see you retaining visitors. I visited once and that was enough for me. I'm not trying to put you down...i just think you need to sit down and plan a little better and stick to it.

NetStar, Nov 27, 2013 IP
    Dionne Taylor likes this.
  11. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you tried automated content distribution? I tried doing it your way for the first year and a half after I launched my site and I to wasn't getting good search engine rankings. The purpose of me using automated content distribution and anyone else is to have more exposure to every new blog post or webpage published to your site and getting back links. Is that something you're trying to accomplish right now?

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that is some great advice! Prolly the most helpful advice I have ever got.

Dionne Taylor, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is the classic IM novice mistake. Trying to teach others how to make money online before you can do it yourself. Don't get me wrong, not having a go at you, we've all been there and done that. Stop wasting your time with this blog. Start a blog on something you are passionate about and don't even think about trying to make money with the site. Do this for a year and if you start getting decent traffic, you can then think about trying to monetize the traffic.

dcristo, Nov 30, 2013 IP
    freelancewebaz likes this.
  14. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is easy to get with reddit if you write good content and don't submit your own stuff too often. I've had smashing success with it when I submit posts that are controversial or get people involved.

freelancewebaz, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  15. Eyram Hlortsi

Eyram Hlortsi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It could be that you are not getting traffic because you are not addressing people's pinching problems.

Eyram Hlortsi, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  16. ChrisBa

ChrisBa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What niche?
    I'd recommend to get active on Facebook and twitter, use those as a method to drive traffic..
    Also how often are you blogging? When starting out for the first 1-2 years you should have 4-7 new posts a week IMO

ChrisBa, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  17. LinkBuilder1987

LinkBuilder1987 Member

Best Answers:
    You need more followers in the social networking websites.

LinkBuilder1987, Dec 2, 2013 IP
  18. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submit your blog to blog directories, promote it on social media, forums of your niche, blog comments etc

faizzsheikh, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  19. Digital 9

Digital 9 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try paid promotions like google adword and facebook ads

"the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong...but time and chance happen to them all. Eccl 9:11

Digital 9, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  20. Az Wan

Az Wan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think you do guest blogging. comment on other blog and backlingking to your blog.. Focus on this and put good contents in your blog. You will definitely gain lot of traffic :D

Az Wan, Dec 3, 2013 IP