1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is this color off?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Pudge1, Jul 6, 2015.

www.007vg.com
    the links should be showing up navy blue as I set them in the style.css file but it's not showing that on the page

Any help would be appreciated

Pudge1, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No idea what you're talking about - the a-tags are set to #444, and there is nothing assigned to them under nav li a - only on hover and active. Learn to CSS, please. (Also, you have a gazillion CSS-files - why?)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  3. Pudge1

Pudge1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The links change color when you hover on them, they used to appear light blue, I changed the hex code to navy blue and now they show green. I checked the hex code on other plain HTML files and it worked fine.

The reason it's so messy with so many times is because I'm copying it over from a layout I made years ago and haven't touched since. I haven't quite cleaned it up yet, but this seems like a simple issue I just can't find the solution.

Pudge1, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use Firefox, you can hit F12 to bring up the Web Developer Tools and see what CSS rules apply to a particular element. Firefox indicates that your hover color including the bottom border color is set on line 1300 of your CSS file. It is set to #055916.

.navbar .nav li a:hover,
    .navbar .nav li.active a {
    background: none;
    color: #055916;
    border-bottom: 2px solid #055916;
    }
    Code (markup):
    Is that what you are talking about? There is no real content on the page so I am guessing.

billzo, Jul 6, 2015 IP