1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is the bible such a big old lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Germz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Now if you could get the Ape to watch the National Geographic Channel all day then maybe someone will take notice of you?? ;)

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  2. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, guys! You might want to check out this book:

The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

Some of the comments:

- The author of The Case For Christ, an investigative journalists with a legal background, probes with bulldog-like tenacity the evidence for the truth of biblical Christianity. Believers and agnostics alike will learn from this fast-paced book.

- Nobody knows how to sift from truth from fiction like an experienced investigative reporter, or to argue a case like someone trained at Yale Law School. Lee Strobel brings both qualifications to this remarkable book. In addition to his own tremendous testimony as atheist-turned-Christian, the author marshals the irrefutable depositions of recognized "expert witnesses" to build his ironed case for Jesus Christ. I agree The Case For Christ sets a new standard among existing contemporary apologetics.

- Lee Strobel asks the questions a tough-minded skeptic would ask and provides convincing answers to all of them. His book is so good I read it out loud to my wife evenings after dinner. Every inquirer should have this book.

affiliategirl, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  3. Bochno

Bochno Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but id have to say i support the bible.

Bochno, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  4. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who were Matthews, Mark, Luke and John in Bible ?

ziya, Apr 7, 2008 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jesus groupies. :D

gworld, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  6. imthunder

imthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, not much evidence in this debate. I am an atheist but I can still list several pieces of evidence supporting the bible being true.
    Firstly there are more than 5000 copies dating back thousands of years which indicates that it was not changed after created. Compare this to 10 copies of Caesar's work, 1 of Tacitus's etc.
    Also there is much fulfilled prophecy - crucifixion was mentioned before invented, Israel's independence and structure, double destruction and barron-ness of Edom today.
    Also the chance of a God-less big bang resulting in life as we see on this planet is incredibly small. Even if one law of physics was out by a fraction, we would never have existed.
    Plus all those people that quote weird verses need to realise that they are from the old testament and no longer apply.
    Anyway... A thread here is not going to change anyone or anything.

imthunder, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No, you are not. Don't you know as a Christian it is a sin for you to lie? :rolleyes::D

gworld, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  8. imthunder

imthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, actually I am, it just annoys me when people treat Christians as stupid instead of misguided.

9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Believe me when I tell you that you are not an atheist. Why should you be when you believe in miracles of bible, isn't that proof of a God? If you still think that you are an atheist then you are just simply confused. :D

gworld, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  10. imthunder

imthunder Peon

Best Answers:
    When did I say I believed in miracles of the bible? I just listed some strong evidence for the book being true. Just because I didn't mention counter-evidence doesn't mean I don't know any.

11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Main Entry: atheist
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: nonbeliever
    Synonyms: agnostic, free thinker, heathen, infidel, irreligionist, pagan, skeptic
    Notes: an agnostic is one who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God; an atheist is one who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/atheist

I told you that you are confused.:D

gworld, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  12. Postingpays

Postingpays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you dear, but what about those problems being discussed by other religions?? Like some Errors in Bible??

Postingpays, Apr 8, 2008 IP