1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is the bible such a big old lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Germz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Please tell me the answer.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  2. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Please read the posts above you.

wisdomtool, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  3. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    It's not just about cleansing of sins. It's to gain back what Adam had lost. Perfect blood lost when Adam lost the right to live forever. Jesus (being a perfect man) replaced what Adam had lost by sacrificing his blood as a new covenant.

Also, he did it to give the rightful honour back to his father. There's a lot more to this than just dying to save our souls. I suggest you ask for a study of the Bible so you can see this for yourself. It's all in there.

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  4. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Very simple question. IF the Christian God is all powerful, why did he have to send a sacrifice to be tortured on a cross? I'm not interested in what he done it for, or what the results were.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  5. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    I just told you the reason why. But maybe you want a more detailed explanation...I am willing to teach you about this outside of DP.

6. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    You didn't. You are telling me the cause and reason. I'm asking if the all powerful Christian God is all powerful, why does he need to sacrifice and torture a human?

Jeez, Christians. :rolleyes:

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    You want to know why. I give you a basic answer....you reject that...what else cane I do? :rolleyes:...you are looking for answers to suit your thinking?? now why would I do that. I only tell the truth..as I said...I am willing to teach you about this IF you are willing to learn...if you do this...you will then have a good understanding why Jesus did this.

8. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Thats the reason why he is in my Ignore list :)

9. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, I listen man and I apprichiate your post. But you didn't answer my question, it would be good if you listened to my quetion. You explained the reason for the crucifiction. What I am asking is If God is all powerful, intsead of torturing and sacrificing his son, why didn't he do it another way.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  10. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    BECAUSE HE IS GOD, man. He didn't have to ask you how he must do it and you're even one of the reasons why he did it! Now if he happens to be kind and merciful and loving aside from being powerful and mighty, what is the problem there? What's your problem? So what if he happens to be all of the above? So what if he sent his own son to be sacrificed? Does that diminish his being God? His being powerful? Doesn't that say anything about him? Probably he's not crazy to do that following his credentials of creating the universe and all its inhabitants with precision and perfection. Although there were no pyschiatrists at the time, it will not be difficult to conclude that God must have been mentally stable then. Now if he's not crazy or stupid for sending his own son to die for his beloved human creation -us- what else is there left to call him? To attribute such highly "unbelievable" action? It's one word: LOVE... I don't know if you know it or have experienced it... But many a love song says, "I'll die for you"..."I couldn't live without you"..."I'll do anything for you..." all in the name of love...I wonder if God says the same thing when he chose to send not John nor any of his loyal apostles, but HIS VERY OWN Son Jesus to be crucified instead of us. Yes, indeed, love can not just move mountains...love can kill. However this time with Jesus, he died so that we may have everlasting life with Him and the Father in Heaven...if only we believe.

I think there are more than enough here to answer your question, Thraxed. If you choose not to understand anything, there's nothing else we could tell you. Thank you for your curiosity.

affiliategirl, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    debunked likes this.
  11. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    IMHO, it takes two hands to clap, respect needs to be mutual. When some cartoonists goes against the words of the Koran, we were faced with riots, threats of assassinations, burning of cars and so on and so forth.

When someone said that the Bible is a big lie, what I can see here on the forum are real genuine attempts to explain the Bible. There is no attempts at imposing Christianity onto members that disagree or to imposed ones' beliefs onto others. Can we expect the same if the title was changed to Koran instead of the Bible?

There is a lot of talks on the respecting of Islam and their beliefs, shouldn't the same argument applies to Christianity and Christian beliefs too? I haven't seen any members burning cars right?

Add on : How about the mutilation of Buddhas' statues in Afghanistan, I did not see Buddhists rioting and burning effigies or cars. Nor did I heard of any threats against any embassy of Muslim countries.

12. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    To prove that doing things HIS way is the ONLY way. What does Isaiah 48:17 say? Not only that, but there were prophecies in the Old Testament where God said this MUST happen. Even way back when all this wickedness begun in Genesis when Adam and Eve had disobeyed the ONLY command. Immediately, God put things into place to resolve this situation. When he put these things into place, he had to go through with it. Why? Because God can not and will not lie.

If you think about that exact moment...who was watching when Satan told Eve a big fat lie about God? Billions upon billions of angels were watching what was going on. What would have happened if God had destroyed Satan, Adam and Eve right there and then? What would that have proved according to the charge Satan was having against God?

Satan told Eve that if she partook of the forbidden fruit then she will bound to have her eyes opened and she will be like God, knowing good and bad.

You see? If you take a closer look at the real reason why Jesus died, it becomes more real to you.

What I just posted here is just a snippet of the information available. There's heaps more about this if you want to know.

13. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't really compare what happens on the streets with what is spoken on a forum, man. You well know what sorts of extremism we see on this very forum, from some of the "genuine explainers".

Speaking of religiously motivated/masked crimes: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/091807G.shtml

PS: I believe it is very inappropriate to talk trash about Bible, esp. Jesus, in any way, and it is un-Islamic as well to do so. But it's equally inappropriate to present things as if it's a we're good, you're bad thing, it's simply not true.

LeoSeo, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  14. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand anything you said, so what you said must be wrong.
    Am i right, Thraxed ? ;)

lightless, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  15. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Yes, LeoSeo, you present a more unbiased view that what I had wrote. Apologies, was kinda fedup with some of the member's posts. Guess I shouldn't post when frustrate :) . Thanks for the clarifications though.

16. Cheap SEO Services

Best Answers:
    I guess this is a jab for Thraxed?? :confused:

17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you figure it out :D

You see thraxed, it's so hard to read a simple man's thoughts, how are you supposed to know what a god was thinking.

lightless, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  18. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, it's big of you to say so.

LeoSeo, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  19. ArcoJedi

ArcoJedi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, Neptune, instead of prayers what DO you want? I believe in the Bible as the direct word of God. You don't. I'm not sure what I could post to change your mind. From a certain point of view, I don't think you want me to even try.

Of course the stories in the Bible seem fantastical and outlandish at times. That's why they are called miracles. Miracles both great and terrible happen every day. Perhaps it is hubris to see these events today and attribute them to science and the mundane. Perhaps it is simply easier for our mortal minds to grasp. The more difficult path is to embrace faith and realize that the great wonders don't have to be excused, explained or even understood. They only have to be accepted.

Realize that all believers struggle with their faith at some point, some of us every day. I see atheism for what it is, not an answer to the question of faith, but frustration that has lead to despair. We all start out wanting to know why we are here. Essentially, the atheist has given up and decided there really must be no answer. I do not see things this way.

I'm still on the journey of discovery and I'm not perfect. Don't give up. My only prayer is that you take your analytical mind and your questions and you continue to seek the answers you most likely want. Jesus was sent to this world as an act of love to save us from the inevitability of Hell. According to the OLD covenant (or promise), all have fallen short in the eyes of God. Jesus came to seek and save the lost, you and I. In the moment of His death, he took the weight of all human sin upon himself --past, present and future sin-- and paid the price. By his resurrection, our slates are wiped clean. This is the ultimate miracle.

If you want to know more, you can private message me and I'll do my best to answer your questions. I feel I've already overstepped any invitation to comment on this. Good night.

ArcoJedi, Mar 28, 2008 IP
    debunked likes this.
  20. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I can do is laugh at this. You need to watch National Geographic Channel and watch Human Ape. You will learn a lot.

Neptune, Mar 28, 2008 IP