1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is the bible such a big old lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Germz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:

Precisely why we're having this conversations here because the thread-starter suggested that the Bible is a lie. I replied and said it's not, the bible is not a lie - I believe it and everything said in it. Whatever I've said here is in support to and a "result" of that belief. I couldn't say I believe in the Bible and contradict what it says. That's not logical. It's like saying to a person, "I believe you" but keeps on contradicting what he or she is saying. If I were that person I would be tempted to slap that guy in the face to wake him up.

You don't really know God, don't you? That kind of God you are inkling is not the God who authored the Bible because the God that is talked about throughout the Bible is, yes, All-Powerful, but most all, He is (a) God of LOVE who always affords to give second chances to his erring subjects. He is not the God you think who is ruthless and without mercy like the one we see in movies or read in story books. That is why he sent/gave his one and only Son (Jesus) that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16). So Jesus already paid our sins by getting crucified. We really can not do anything to repay him because we can not. We can't make it up through good works as some think being good can wash away their sins or make up for what Jesus did. What we can do and what God/Jesus only asks of us it that we believe him and accept him as our savior - not Superman, not Batman, not president Bush or Bill Gates or ourselves - Him. Jesus was born to be made as sacrifice for human sins and we would not know that if there was no Bible.

If the Bible is a reference material then you are right because it is a book of instruction and learning as well as a book of history about God and his people. Now if you are in your right mind and you want to write a non-fiction book, a manual or a reference material, wouldn't you make it a point to ensure the accuracy and validity of your statements or data before sharing it with the public? Unless of course you just want attention and don't care if your book is full of errors or lies, you would expect people to believe you, your statements and conclusions otherwise why bother write something to convince them? You expect because you believe in your work and you know you're telling the truth; but still there's no assurance that you or your book will be an instant hit or you will gain followers. You don't hold people's minds - their preferences or opinions: you can only influence them. But God hold people's minds, know their preferences and can tell their opinions...Yet he does not take away from them the right to choose or the freedom to believe what they want to believe. He gave them freewill to exercise their humanity and even to give in to their own desires. God, although sovereign, all-knowing and all-powerful, does not treat us like robots, or we would have no need of a mind of our own to be able to resist anything we don't believe in.

God loves us all that he wants to reconcile us with Him after our dear mother Eve broke his commandment at the Garden of Eden. But he needs to convey this without Himself directly appearing from the clouds and get us shaking with fear. By then, most, if not all of us, would become obedient and there would be no time for repentance or need for Jesus. By then he would not be able to display his great love for us by doing something as highly amazing as sacrificing his own son to pay for our transgressions. So he needs a medium to do it: to share the good news to his people; and that medium is the Bible. We are given freewill to read this book and accept that gift of salvation brought to us by Jesus. God doesn't mind our circumstances, whether we are poor or rich, beautiful or ugly, bad or good... God treat us as his children, members of his Family fit for eternal life, under no condition...He only asks us to believe...Of course, we will not be saints afterwards and sin no more...we will, still, because we are human...but Jesus has already paid for our sins past or future - he got them all covered. What are we to loose? What is there to be afraid of? Afraid to turn our ways and start acting like we haven't killed a single mosquito?

If you put your trust in God, if you believe in His Son Jesus sincerely...He will be the one to show you what to do. He will be the one to change you not you.

Thanks, david.michael. I'm here to express my views as well. Not merely to contradict one's point.

affiliategirl, Mar 24, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your post affiliate girl, I'm sure it took a long time to write :). If God was a God of love, he would not have sent his own son to be tortured. I'm sure if I done that today to my son, and said in a court of law that it was out of love, they would say I am insane. God is powerful enough to erase our sins without sending a sacrifice, because if he has to send sacrifices to end our sins, then it means he has limits, and a God who has limits is not all-powerful.

I understand what you are trying to say frend but it does not make sense to me, I'm sorry. :(

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are still trying to conform God to your image. You want God's ways to fit man's ways. If you can't see how Jesus dying on the cross shows how much love God has, I am sorry for you. But I still suggest to you to stop putting limits on what God does and how He does it.

debunked, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  4. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    You are putting limits on him by saying he needs to send someone to be tortured on a cross to delete everyones sins? That is quite a cruel way of deleting peoples sins, I don't think this is an act of a God of love! It is not my image that God sent someone on a cross, it is the bibles.

A limitless God would have no limits.

I would rather chose to just delete everyones sins by saying 'Be!' rather than sending someone to be tortured, wouldn't you? Yes, of course you would, so would God, therefore if he had to send someone to be sacrificed to delete man's sin then he has limits!

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    God's thoughts can't be explained by conventional psychology. If jesus hadn't died on the cross probably many people wouldn't have seen the truth's in his teachings.

God may have his limits,
    Don't bill gates, bush and obama have limits ? does that mean they have no power or only as much as power as me.

It doesn't matter if you have limits, it only matters where your limits are.

lightless, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  6. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is something unsavoury about people thinking that a human sacrifice 2000 years ago redeems them for their own wrong-doings. We have a name for that, it's scapegoating.

stOx, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know how God thinks? You just conceded that God is not God since you said he may have limits, the whole definition of God is to be supreme and have no limits lol. Just shows how illogical the whole Christian doctorine is. I don't see what point you are trying to make by comparing bill gates, bush and obama to god? lol.

thanks for your post anyway i hope you understand.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  8. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because i'm a god ;)

Clearly your definition of god is very different from my personal definition. Different like fire and gasoline.

Like someone said "if you put enough fire and gasoline together, someone will burn". Hope you will understand :D

9. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I think that is the case, people have different definitions of God. My definition is the supreme, the all powerful, one and only, the eternal the absolute, he begetteth not, nor is he begotten and there is none like him. (I think that is the official definition too)

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  10. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's monotheistic. Mine is based on polytheism.

11. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I think it is interesting how quick people are to judge others. Some might see a creepy old man walking down the street every morning in the city..Most people don't take notice of him but they know he is there. They think he is trouble by the grimace he has on his face. He looks disheveled, cranky and untrustworthy.

However, a nurse that looks after his wellbeing every day sees him as a different person. Why? She knows he has health problems, facial problems and is uncoordinated as far as can't dress himself properly. But, she also knows what a kind, sweet and generous old man he really is. How does she know this? SHE SPENT TIME TO GET TO KNOW HIM!!!

The Bible is no different. God is no different. The reason people feel this way about God is because they have not spent the time to get to know him. He's not cruel at all. He is perfect in wisdom, mercy, power and most of all LOVE.

Just because some were brought up in a so-called "Christian" family does not mean those Christians are approved by God. You know the saying "In God's Name"? Many people do things in God's name. But, careful study and analysis of HIS word will always show if they are doing things that God approves or not.

I am a Christian. A true Christian. It's not all lies at all. Why? Because I have spent the time getting to know the Bible and God. I suggest you do the same and stop making outlandish statements about things you obviously know little about.

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  12. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Not very wise if he has to send his own son to get tortured, is he?

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  13. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Jesus is God in the flesh, so he wasn't actually sending his son, he was sending himself. Also, God made the Law requirements of a perfect life and perfect sacrifice to enter into the heaven. Since we have all sinned against God, we require something perfect, Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrifice and the only perfect human that has ever lived.

PHPGator, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  14. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you think it is a bit illogical, God coming into human form? If he wanted to erase our sins, surley he would just do it with a click of a finger? Sorry if i sound rude, I just don't understand.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  15. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    It is because he created laws when he created earth. Would God be perfect if he broke the laws he created? Adam (man) broke the law, which is why we all sin and fall short of the glory of God today. Therefore, we now require a perfect sacrifice through bloodshed for our sins. Thus, Jesus was born here to be the ultimate sacrifice. We no longer have to kill lamb's and partake of rituals to be able to get to heaven. I hope this makes it a little more clear. :)

PHPGator, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  16. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Why do we require a perfect sacrifice? Why can't he just erase them?

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  17. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Why cant Allah just make all the world Muslims instead of sending the Prophet? Christ uses his blood to cleanse the world of their sins. What you are asking is something like what I am asking you.

wisdomtool, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  18. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    You might be saying that because you are unaware of what the results of that sacrifice were. It is not wise to mock something that is not known.

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  19. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Because that would leave us Humans without free will. It is a very simple concept. According to the Quran the real world is the hereafter, which the lowest Paradise is 10x that of this world. (There are 7 ranks of Paradise i think), this world is just a filter for the good and bad people and each will be dealth with accordingly. It would be pointless for Allah to make everyone Muslim, then there would be no point in the world!

What I am asking is nothing at all like what you are asking, All the world are not Christians? Allah didn't send anyone to be tortured on a cross either, so I don't see how your question is relevant to mine.

I know the results, according to the bible everyones sins were cleansed. But what I'm asking is, why would an all powerful and loving God, send his own son to be tortured as a sacrifice for peoples sins? Why do you need a sacrifice?

I am asking a very simple question and can not seem to get a straight answer.

ThraXed, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  20. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Answers are already given to you but it seemed you refused to heed any of them.

wisdomtool, Mar 24, 2008 IP