1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is the bible such a big old lie?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Germz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    The Bible wasn't written by Jesus or God in person; it was written by real men whom God had commissioned to do so. These men although mere mortals or humans took the cue from God about what to write or tell the world in the Bible. It's not their own idea. Although subject to human translation, all the words and stories found in the Bible were authored and inspired by God. Everything written in it are not products of human imagination or fiction. If it were so, we would have not known Jesus or even the Jews, why up to now they still are not friends with the Palestinians. Where are they coming from? It's not something we could easily find in the History books.

The Bible is just a compilation of God's dictations to his chosen scribers or transcribers as to what really happened and will happen. The people who wrote it were "inspired" by God. It's called Holy Scriptures because it is not authored by man or by a human being. It is authored by a Holy, All-Knowing, All-Present, All-Powerful Being who created heaven and earth, you and me courtesy of Adam and Eve. Surely, only those who believe in God's existence also believe in his work as the Bible, a book that shows the beginning of the universe, of man and his creator and how he is supposed to live his life in preparation for the coming kingdom of God, starting of with Jesus. This is the Bible and this is its purpose: salvation. If you don't believe that there's a heaven or hell, or don't care about your life at all, afterall all of us are gonna die, then it makes sense indeed not believing in the Bible or the words spoken in it. Actually, salvation is a gift; you're free to resist or refuse it. You're free to not believe that we all need it and that Jesus is the only one who can give us the ticket...

You're free to discredit everything in the Bible because no one will make you responsible for what you believe in except yourself. I will not say that you will not be saved, neither will I say I am because of merely believing in the Bible. But in every aspiration in life there are requirements, in everything that you want to accomplish, there are steps to take. Any dream remains a dream if you don't take the challenges that accompany it. What I am saying is, if you want something you got to work hard for it. But wanting (for) something does not come without knowledge of it first. If you have not seen or encountered this beautiful girl first, you would not fall in love with her (I am not talking about me :p). If you do not know about salvation how will you assess yourself in response to it? If you do not believe in the Bible, how will you know only Jesus can save you?

Unlike all the things that require you to pay or work hard before you can enjoy them, salvation does not require you to. Its only requirement is that you must believe in Jesus and make him your savior having realized how helpless you are as a sinner. Why would you believe in anything else if this "anything else" doesn't do good to you either except feeding your mind myriad irrelevant and useless concepts? But without believing first in the Bible, how could you believe in Jesus? You might say you don't need it - salvation - or Jesus. Or everything I am saying here is fallacy or a lie. God gave us freewill and intellect at the same time. How we use both is up to us. Clearly, God only wants what's best for us so He provided us tools... and these we can find in the Bible. You got the invitation to open it my friend. Feel free to refuse... or accept it. You alone holds the decision. I just pray God will hasten it. :p

The whole Christiandom is currently observing the Holy Week...in commemoration of Jesus' big sacrifice on the cross to save our asses (sorry for the language)... Why not start contemplating on why you don't believe He is as he claims to be or told about in the Bible? Is it something you need to add to your self-esteem or reputation as a professional or intellectual? or is it something you fear of facing because you're afraid to know that all along you've been reading the wrong kind of book..??

"I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." - Revelation 22:18 - 19

affiliategirl, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  2. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    You are quoting this and claiming that Jesus died on a cross to save our asses in the same post... It wasn't a cross, nor was it the reason why he died. He died because we are a bunch of sinners and his message is that sin is punishable by death. We didn't like the message so we killed

demosfen, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  3. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    His death saved us from our sins and gives us a chance at heaven:)

pingpong123, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  4. Neorics

Neorics Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on my experiences, it works. You should try it.

It's called laying hands on people who can't pray for themselves. I didn't ask them to do anything. I just prayed for them and thought of letting them know someone cares for them. I pray that the Lord reward them instead of me. If I was wrong, then pray for me and pray for them as well.

Neorics, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  5. david.michael

david.michael Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Bible is 100% TRUE . We are Christians We are the most populated religion in the world, The world follows the year made by Christain, January - December, The World religious book has Adam And Eve written,

My friend, You are young thats y u speak vice versa, but remember mate, one day your life will change , that time you will feel that Bible speaks the truth, you will now say No it wont change, But yes my friend it will change, Be a Part Of Christian Mate... Please Mate , :(

david.michael, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  6. Cryspatus

Cryspatus Active Member

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is that the bible is supposed to be the "word of god," who is supposed to be all-knowing. So of course, you would expect everything in it to be 100% true. Once you prove a single thing wrong (which many people have), you can expect everything else in it to be false, because there's no way a book written with "divine inspiration" could be only partially true, lol. And thats what is happening now.

Once we proved that the earth wasn't created 6,000 years ago, it became obvious that the Bible is nothing but a fairy tale. Evolution is finally getting the recognition it deserves and I recently read that creationism has a 10,000:1 disapproval rating among scholars. Who can debate these facts? Surely not the "divinely inspired' prophets who claimed that the earth is flat, or that shrimp is an abomination.

You do know that shrimp is an abomination, right David.Michael? And if the Bible is "100% true," then I can rest assured that you have recently burned a bull on your alter as a sacrifice to the lord (Lev 1:9). And hopefully you have never trimmed your hair, touched leather, or worked on Sunday, which are all forbidden by the bible.

Cryspatus, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  7. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Must be time for Easter. They always come out of their basements during important holidays.

GTech, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  8. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bible is a great contribution to human.It help people release the pain and cheer up in their life.You can not say like that.

SEOBusiness, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  9. Cryspatus

Cryspatus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah right. I was looking at a Christian blog yesterday and over 100 commentators were up in arms because brides are wearing tight bridal gowns at their weddings. They sounded miserable. Some were ranting, cursing the bride's marriage, saying they felt bad for the grooms, etc.... I think if Christianity wasn't in their life they would have better things to do with their time. Unfortunately all these fundies will probably give themselves a heart-attack by 45.

10. xXKingdom_SEOXx

xXKingdom_SEOXx Peon

Best Answers:
    Basic religionists, I agree their act was inappropriate if your story is true about the blog. People should put humanism first before religion, ahh, the bloody irony. I can imagine how terrified that bride felt on her days of “joy”. No matter religion, all man should put human respect first; the fact is NO RELIGION is proven, except zero-ness, atheism.

xXKingdom_SEOXx, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You are the paper cup prophet, you have come to bring light so that we may all drink as one. My paper cupeth runneth over. Yea, even though we walk through the valley of DP disbelievers, I shalt keepeth my favorite beverage handy for thirst quenching needs. Praise hot and cold paper drinking cups for all eternity. Amen.

Rebecca, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  12. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    You see Cryspatus, these are hard line neo-crazy religionists. Not all followers of a faith are like this, in fact most arent. The basic funamental belief of most major religions is supposed to be, peace, love happiness and the brotherhood of man.

pingpong123, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  13. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what you mean. You denied that Jesus died on the cross? Or you took it that I meant the cross was the reason Jesus died for us? Which is which, my friend? Either, you have misunderstood, I'm sorry. If you are unsure, please have a look at John 19:16-21, Matthew 27:32, Mark 15:21-32 and Luke 23:26-43. It says there: "Then Pilate handed Jesus over to them to be crucified. So they took charge of Jesus. He went out, carrying his cross, and came to the Palace of Skull (In Hebrew it is called Golgotha). There they crucified him; and they also crucified two other men, one on each side, with Jesus between them. Pilate wrote a notice and had it put on the cross. "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews," is what he wrote. Many people read it because the place where Jesus was crucified was not far from the city. The notice was written in Hebrew, Latin and Greek. The chief priest said to Pilate, "Do not write the 'King of the Jews,' but rather, 'This man said, I am the King of the Jews.' "

It's one of his messages but it's not why he was killed really. He was killed because he claimed to be Son of God which they didn't believe and thought was blasphemy.

He died for our sins, for us sinners, yes. (leave out the "asses" part :p)

To add, the Bible, although inspired by God, were written by men who saw what happened and put it in writing. It is an accurate narration and/or collection of events that happened long before Jesus was born and up to the time of his death. When you say accurate, it means nothing is fabricated to tell what did not take place or is not right. The problem is not in the presentation of the contents but in the reception and/or interpretation of some of the contents. So there are Catholics, there are Protestants and the are Christians who also subdivide themselves further into sub-groups and denominations. They all call themselves Christians because they believe in Jesus Christ and follow his teachings, but are their practices the same? No. For example, some until now, prefer to keep the Sabbath or Saturday as a holy, non-working day while others don't. Is it now wrong to keep it? Is it right to still keep it? Or will God allow some of His people to keep it and some to disregard it? Or is that commandment about keeping the Sabbath applicable only to the times in the Old Testament? In the New Testament there was one incident when Jesus healed a woman crippled for 18 years because of evil spirit and it was Sabbath. The officials of the synagogue were angry because there are six days in which people should work and be healed, not on the Sabbath. But Jesus said even they or any one of them will untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water on a Sabbath, so they are hypocrites (refer Luke 13:10-17). Jesus did not say do not keep or keep the Sabbath, but his actions tell what He wants his followers to do on a Sabbath when a need arises.

So to any of you, don't get disheartened just because the Bible is given to interpretations. It is still the word of God whether everyone understands it or not, accepts it or not. Unlike other books of literature, it is authored by a divine Being who gives its readers leeway as to how to interpret it according to their own understanding BUT also provides them wisdom through the Holy Spirit if they so desire. So seek to understand. Don't read the Bible if you just want to add it to your reading accomplishments or with skepticism - open your mind, read it with an intention to know what God has put in there for you to know and pray that you will understand.

Because God is love, he wants all to hear the good news about the gift of salvation - through the Bible - and avail of it. But many don't want to hear or turn a deaf ear...many don't want to see and turn a blind eye... they're the people who don't care and think they already know the answer.

affiliategirl, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  14. pingpong123

Best Answers:
    Hey guys lets close our eyes and blink into nothingness. Ok 1... 2.... 3..... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

pingpong123, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  15. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe! You're funny, pingpong123. Actually that's a good advise for someone staring at this monitor for close to 2 hours already. :p

affiliategirl, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  16. david.michael

david.michael Active Member

Best Answers:
    affiliategirl very well said .. You Are great.. You made me happy :)

david.michael, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  17. Cryspatus

Cryspatus Active Member

Best Answers:
    David, will you answer me if you eat shrimp, cut your hair, and sacrifice a bull to the lord? I'm not being facetious. I just want to know if you believe that the Bible is 100% true, if you follow it 100%. That would, of course, be the most logical (and I suppose moral) course of action.

18. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is very interesting.... where in the Bible does it tell a Christian to do those things?

I got to know, did you learn this from a friend or a school teacher?

debunked, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  19. mindiam1

mindiam1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All christians here should post on my new christian news site www.whatgod.org

mindiam1, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  20. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    You can't say it's true because it says so in the bible, that's faulty logic. I could write a book and say i'm God, and cite that as a refference, your whole post is illogical. Why would god sacrfrifice himself by a gruesome torturous death? God is ALL POWERFUL he could delete everyones sins by saying 'Be!' and that's it, you don't have to send someone to be freakin crucified. if that was the case, he ceases to be all powerful, thus ceasing to be God!

ThraXed, Mar 22, 2008 IP