1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Is Our Facebook Reach So Low?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by StarkZ, Dec 23, 2018.

I work for a media company who has a Facebook fan page with over 300,000 fans/likes. Of those, almost 250,000 are following our feed. However, even though new content is posted every single day, our reach/engagement is only clocking in at around 2,000 per post.

Why is this and how can we reach more of our fan base organically without paying for it? I get the need to pay if you want to reach new people, but we just want to let the people who have already showed an interest see our stuff. I know it has to do with the new algorithm, but we already have a huge install base. Seems like tapping into that should be do-able.

StarkZ, Dec 23, 2018 IP
  2. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have 250,000 of followers and 2000 only reach per post. Then it's possible you content is not much effective.I am not sure what content your are posting on your FB page.
    You need to post something outstanding that people love to share, like or comment. You can engage your users through push notifications from your webpage. Engage users with an app so that people would like to share the results on the profile.

AlphaNine_Vini, Dec 24, 2018 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Facebook's organic reach has declined over time. They have changed their algorithm and there would be more ad content competing for news feed space. At the end of the day, they want the advertising dollars.

dcristo, Dec 24, 2018 IP
  4. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    I own a media company and we have pages of all sizes. Let me try to help because that's absolutely dogshit reach - even post 2018 algo change. You should be at a 12-25x multiple of that.

1 - Did your company every pay for fans (not advertising for them, but paying some shithole company to load up 50k-100k fans)?
    2 - Has your page been run well and and consistently?
    3 - Are you still writing the same kind of content you were at the start?
    4 - Were you doing a lot of video and memes and then started publishing to the page?
    5 - Vice versa. Are you only doing articles and nothing else?
    6 - Are you using the right cover image sizes?
    7 - Do your cover images suck?
    8 - Do your shares suck?
    9 - Was the page dead for any extended period of time?
    10 - Are you using a scheduler?

VacationCrasher, Dec 30, 2018 IP