1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is my PR Forever 0 and Backward Links Not Present?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by pathways2power, Feb 11, 2006.

Hi,

http://www.pathwaystopower.com is my home page for a few years now. I have a bunch of backward links that show up on yahoo search and alltheweb but Google just will not recognize any.

I've also never been off PR0...ever! Googlebot visits my site once every day the past 3 weeks because I'm generating traffic now.

Noteworthy: I had done the web design for a client's PR5 site then used it as a template for my own later. A few days ago I noticed I hadn't totally changed the sitemap links over from referencing the PR5 site (stupid, I know).

Also, I had another domain 'parked' on the same host as the PR0 one. As far as I know, it was not a 301 redirect. As of now, the sitemap is cleaned up, I submitted a google sitemap earlier today, and I've removed the parked domain.

My question: do you think duplicate content has caused me a penalty? If so, how is it that my pages are indexed by they won't give me a PR or recognize any of the backward links?

Do I have to wait 3 months or is there something I can do to get even a PR1 before my partner knocks me out?

Keith

UPDATE: Google has since crawled my google sitemap and as a result REMOVED 2 pages from search. I'm actually worse off now! I've been on the phone with Google and they were no help. Any insights would be appreciated.

pathways2power, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I think you will need to hang tight until after the anticipated pagerank update to see if changes have helped.

Shannon

Smyrl, Feb 11, 2006 IP
    1 person likes this.
  3. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Backlinks and PR only update every so often, usually only a few times per year. It's been about 4 months now I think and the update is expected any day now.

mdvaldosta, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  4. pathways2power

pathways2power Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks Smyrl and mdvaldosta.

5. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your webstandards. Poor webstandards can give you a zero pagerank.

IamNed, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  6. pathways2power

pathways2power Guest

Best Answers:
    What are the most common website standards I might not be adhering to?

Do you mean not hiding links, connecting to link farms etc or something more technically specific?