1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is editing flash files so hard?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Skribblez, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandubhai

chandubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    Flash is not as difficult as you think it is. Depends on user to user. For quick animations try usinf Swish.

chandubhai, May 2, 2006 IP
  2. Lee andrew

Lee andrew Peon

Best Answers:
    I bought a plug-in to premiere witch can import flash into premiere for editing.

It only cost me $30. The trail version canbe download from

http://www.flash-video-mx.com/flv_importer/

Lee andrew, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  3. Lee andrew

Lee andrew Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have Adobe Premirere?

With a plug in called flv importer for Premirere You can import your flv into Premirere directly for editing, without time-consuming conversion.

Lee andrew, May 29, 2007 IP
  4. Nestrer

Nestrer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel both Flash MX GUI and ActionScript are easy to use once you have spent enough time on it.

Nestrer, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. Alis

Alis Peon

Best Answers:
    Nestrer you hit the point absolutely correct ;)

Alis, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. Mirage

Mirage Active Member

Best Answers:
    My experience with flash has been mostly as a front-end for web applications. As such, I am far more involved in the ActionScript and application aspects than I am in the graphic/animation side.

I do not have any problems with the tool...but then again I am an experienced and trained software engineer/systems engineer. However, I stink as a graphic developer and as such would probably have a hard time using the tool in that capacity.

Flash *is* a powerful tool and so it takes a certain amount of discipline to use effectively. I know some who just mentally "get it" from the beginning and can do amazing things in no time. However, I think for the rest of us, it just takes time.

I did buy two excellent books on Flash (Actionscript Bible and Flash Bible) and would highly reccommend them to anyone who is just getting into Flash. They go into the project management aspects of using Flash as well as design and such.

It is (for most people) not going to be a tool that you just pick up, crank out your work, and then put back on the shelf.

I am not surprised that some people are unhappy with it. I suspect it may not be the right tool for what you are trying to do (or perhaps you are trying to do something that is just beyond you at the current moment...in which case take the advice of others here and hire someone else to do it).

Mirage, May 31, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.