1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is bing not popular as Google?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Jalal Niazi, Sep 3, 2020.

Hello users!
    I'm a newcomer here. I've used both Google & Bing and just had a question because bing provides many reliable features...
    What's your take on this!
    Thanks.
    SEMrush

Jalal Niazi, Sep 3, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Back then when google came, it became popular because of its better results.

These days its popular because people are on Android and google is the default engine there.

Microsoft does not has a phone OS as popular as Android.

JEET, Sep 5, 2020 IP
  3. DigitalDavinda

DigitalDavinda Peon

Best Answers:
    One word - Chrome.

OK, another one too - advertising. Duckduckgo advertises more than Bing, doesn't have a native platform, that I know of (such as brave browser for bing), yet still has 3/4 of the traffic that bing does.

Google is everywhere.

DigitalDavinda, Sep 7, 2020 IP
    davilama2682 and JEET like this.
  4. davilama2682

davilama2682 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are microsoft haters that will boycott bing. They don't want to like it. They find it comical. I like their webmaster tools though. Bing isn't elsewhere, other than online as a search engine. Bing has not invaded the personal lives of its user through implementation of its software in devices.

davilama2682, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:55 PM IP
  5. NicoleW

NicoleW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    advertising, comfortable and easy for the user, great tools

NicoleW, Sep 18, 2020 at 3:06 AM IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  6. seomanualsubmission

seomanualsubmission Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @davilama2682
    I think you are saying right that Bing is not collecting personal data from your computer for advertising like Google because i see many times that if we are searching for any thing to buy online ..... then after if you are going to any blog or websites who is using adsense then related ads will appear there ..... same with facebook.

Bing webmaster tools is also good.

According to my experience bing is very good for image search ...... you can compare with google ..... I got always good resolution images from bing.

Both are king in his area ....

For many search criteria like torrent file (For music or movie) i see that duckduckgo and bing result is more better than google.

So i think we should not compare both because in many case Google is superior but in few case bing is better than Google.

seomanualsubmission, Sep 19, 2020 at 9:02 PM IP
    davilama2682 likes this.
  7. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There's also Google Earth (and Streetview). I know that Bing has a version of Streetview but their version doesn't cover anywhere near as many places

SpacePhoenix, Sep 20, 2020 at 1:25 AM IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Can't find the article anymore, but it said that they considered two other names, but settled on "Bing", because it was better sounding and easy to remember. THAT was a mistake imo. If you saw the other two names you'd think the same. Secondly, if you want to beat your competition you'll have to be much better at what they do.

qwikad.com, Sep 20, 2020 at 5:45 AM IP
  9. DreamBoy

DreamBoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don’t think anyone is surprised that objectively, Google is the better search engine. It’s been around longer, it’s by far the most popular, and it’s constantly innovating. I was surprised at how similar the two search engines were in terms of features. Bing even does a few things better, like video. But, while I occasionally preferred Bing’s results to Google for general searches, Google’s ability to dig things out of the darkest corners of the internet is just too valuable. It’s a closer call than I expected, but Google is still the best search engine around. :)

DreamBoy, Sep 20, 2020 at 1:20 PM IP
  10. NicoleW

NicoleW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How can you compare them in general? Google is the basis of all search engines, the most popular, widespread, convenient and well-known. while I don't even remember how the home page looks like on Bing

NicoleW, Sep 21, 2020 at 1:15 AM IP