1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I'm not too crazy about Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by korzon, Apr 5, 2006.

1. It only updates once every 24 hours
    2. It's not very user friendly / easy to figure out
    3. You know which search engines traffic comes from, and which keywords they're using - but you don't know which keywords on what engine
    4. Referrer stats are very limited. You only get domains, and you don't know what pages are being hit by which referrers.

So, any alternatives?

korzon, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Actually it updates about every 2 hours (I have data from 3 hours ago)
    2. What are you having a problem with? Works fine for me.
    3. You need to run a different report, because the data is there (Marketing Optimization -> Search Engine Marketing -> Overall Keyword Conversion -> click any of the "plus" icons next to a keyword).
    4. Also not looking in the right place... (Marketing Optimization -> Marketing Campaign Results -> Referral Conversion -> click any of the "plus" icons next to a domain)

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  3. korzon

korzon Peon

Best Answers:
    First, Thanks a lot! For some reason, the + sign doesn't load on my browser (IE), but I can click on the empty space there.

However, number 4 isn't answered. I want to know who pages on my server are being hit from a referrer - not just which pages on the referring source are sending a hit.

Additionaly, it's a bit backwards for me to go keyword by keyword and check which search engine it came from. Is it possible to just click google or MSN and get all the keywords for me? I can't find anything like that.

Also, you don't actually get a link to the referring source if it's MSN for example. So I know someone searched for Play Online and found my site - but I have no idea if they found it on page 1 or page 26 (bot).

korzon, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think there is one for that, but this is the closest that I know of... Content Optimization -> Navigational Analysis -> Initial Navigation (also has plus icons if you want to drill down)

Marketing Optimization -> Search Engine Marketing -> CPC vs Organic Conversion -> click on plus icons

Would have to check your web logs for that... or use the keyword tracker. :)

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2006 IP