1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I was disappointed by a free product in the mail...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TrueVapor, Nov 11, 2013.

I recently has a small online business offer people a free product. I took advantage of this offer and they sent me a free product and shipped it to me for free. I got it in the mail and the product was great, I was just disappointed because it's the only thing they sent me. I mean that the ONLY thing inside the over sized bubble mailer was the product itself. No packing slip, no business cards, it took me some work just to find the company's name. This upset me because i'm a student or marketing and I thought this would be the perfect time for the company to try to sell me something, get me to refer them to friends, or just promote their business. Since their paying for me to get their product I would think they would want me to become a customer, a simple sales letter explaining why I should do business would have been good. People pay good money to get their offers in front of potential customers, This company dropped the ball.

The lesson here is that offering a "free product" promotion is great but you should use that promotion to market to new potential customers.

What do you guys think?

TrueVapor, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they could have done better, but for you to have received the sample you would have had to have their telephone number or mailing address or e-mail address. And would have had to have the name of the company. Therefore you would have first known a bit about the product and the company.
    They at least succeeded in garnishing your interest. They have done this, no?

Spoiltdiva, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  3. TrueVapor

TrueVapor Member

Best Answers:
    Your right they did get my e-mail address in exchange for the free offer. Don't you think that they should remind me about their company when I receive the free item? Wouldn't it have been even better for them to make me an offer to become a purchasing customer when I received the free item?

Even to simply suggest that since I got a free item i should pay them back by telling my friends in a post on Facebook would have been something.

TrueVapor, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it sounds like this was either a poorly planned or poorly executed (or both) promotional campaign. If you liked the product, it might ber interesting to get back to them with your comments. Who knows, maybe they will send you another free item for the valuable feedback.

jrbiz, Nov 13, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You will here from them again, believe me. In the meantime your e-mail addy has been added to a list which they will sell.(profit)

Spoiltdiva, Nov 13, 2013 IP