1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I hate Flippa and would much rather be buying/selling sites on DP

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ChR0n1k, Apr 12, 2012.

1. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People on the backend running up bids.

averyz, Nov 26, 2013 IP
  2. aridseas

aridseas Member

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to decide where to start selling my websites. DP seems like a good bet, but I'm also having some luck just messaging people who want to buy websites themselves.

aridseas, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  3. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now on the flip side of things (pun intended)... Charging a fee to list guarantees a serious seller and *usually* weeds out the common scammer (note common). Forcing use of an escrow guarantees payment and delivery. I have never used flippa... I'm not very interested in flipping a web site or buying a web site the owner has decided to sell without an offer from an interested party. Generally when someone sells a site it's because 1. the traffic or revenue is declining and/or 2. the web sites overhead may be too extensive, whether it be financial or labor. Now if I was to purchase a site already made I probably would choose Flippa for the sole reason that's where everyone seems to be flocking to. Whether you buy on there or here you still must do your due diligence to insure you aren't being scammed or conned in to buying garbage.

NetStar, Nov 27, 2013 IP
  4. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just do a search at the current sites for sale on Flippa, absolute garbage.

thexyz, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  5. Ganesh Kompella

Ganesh Kompella Active Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't really matter where you are buying from, you just need to be extremely cautious while buying websites / online businesses from a unknown person. Flippa & DP both have there respective ways to rate sellers but it's never 100%. People over the internet have found a millions ways to be hideous.

Weigh your decisions properly & act wisely before making the payments.

Ganesh Kompella, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  6. ceebee

ceebee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think it's only fair to weigh in here.
    Last year I bought a pretty cool site on Flippa. Got my money's worth. We did a workaround avoiding Escrow. I paid half (via PayPal), to get all his content (the site was really about the content).. then the other half after the domain name push. Now I understand that PayPal offers a bit more of protection for buyers.

Now I just sold a site. The buyer paid a reasonable price. It was after a failed auction, and Flippa let me re-list for free.
    Sold it on the Re-list. :)

So I have had 1 of each type of transaction. Both were positive.

ceebee, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  7. PPC_SuperMaster

PPC_SuperMaster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guys, thanks a lot for sharing your experience in detail. It's really useful! I never tried Flippa and don't think will ever do that. DP BST section quite satisfies me.

PPC_SuperMaster, Dec 19, 2013 IP
  8. psalmsong

psalmsong Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys, i newly registered because of this topic. I was about posting my domain on Flippa and searching through the commission on Google, i saw this page link. Actually i saw some really huge figures and that was my push. At second look, some really shitty domain got these high figures while some really cool ones with favorable google search result are still crawling. I think i am here to stay, expect to see my domains been listed pretty soon :)

psalmsong, Jul 23, 2015 IP