1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I Believe High Gas Prices Led To This Economic Mess

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gregdavidson, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know why racism will never end in this country?

Because lowlifes like yourself won't let it die. Do you see why we non-liberals did not care about Obama's race, and did not vote based on race? Because we knew it wouldn't change anything, people like you would still use it to your advantage.

ncz_nate, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  2. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lowlifes? I think you're talking about somebody else. I keep as far away as possible from lowlife "racist" rednecks and people who think just like them. Sorry if that offended you. :(

gregdavidson, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  3. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    You're the same racist you try not to be, just from the other side of the spectrum. How about we start treating black people and all other "minorities" as capable human beings, not victims.

Your type of racism is way worse, it keeps those in a prison of dependency that are naive enough to believe it. Victimization is not just hurtful to "minorities" but to all groups liberals swear to protect. You are basically saying, "well, since you're too incapable and irresponsible to take care of yourself, you need us."

But I understand, "your kind" is unable to see personal responsibility as a virtue the same way I do, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;):rolleyes::eek:

ncz_nate, Apr 17, 2009 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nate, there is clearly something you are not understanding here. These are basic truths that can be grasped by even the most simple minds at home and abroad. Let me spell it out for you.
    • Mr. Obama runs a government of inclusion, not exclusion as shown by his massive support at home and abroad. With so much support, any opposition to his policies either makes you a) Part of the Republican Cabal who is just saying no to say no. b) a dangerous right wing extremist, c) a racist, or d) all of the above
    • if there is a problem, you can rest assured George W. Bush created it
    • If something appears to be going well, it is most certainly because of our new president who is doing things differently
    • There is no reason to criticize Mr.Obama yet because he has only been in office for a very short period of time.
    • If Bush did it, that makes it ok for Obama to do it to, whether it is increasing the deficit, illegal wiretaps, or escalating our illegal wars abroad. Please don't complain about it because Bush did it too.
    • Obama is not a tax raiser, but a tax lowerer. His temporary stimulus package will provide $400 of tax relief per taxpayer for the next two years. Any tax raising going on is likely happening at the state and municipal level and cant be pinned on Obama.
    • Have no fear of the massive deficit being created by Obama. The booming new economy he is creating, coupled with the new taxes the rich and big business will be paying will begin to balance the budget in four years time. Of course you will have to re-elect him in four years to get the second half of that plan implemented, or risk another crash at the hands of the big Republican spenders

Obamanation, Apr 18, 2009 IP
  5. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way to fix a problem is to recognize that it exists.

gregdavidson, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  6. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Absolutely right. Nate, what you fail to realize is that if you oppose President Obama, you are a racist. Period. You may have never realized it until today, you may not realize it even now. You claim to oppose Obama policies, but deep down in your subconcious, it is really the idea of a black President you resent. You may not know you are a racist, your friends may not have pegged you for one, you may even have friends who are black, you may even be black yourself, but the fact remains. RACIST! Knowing is half the battle.

Obamanation, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is the biggest load of bullshit I think I've ever heard in my life. I'm surprised you'd even be bold enough to spill such filth in DP, much less anywhere! The funny thing is that your just as racist as the people you claim to be racist by calling them racist. Reverse Racism, it exists, and this thread keeps making examples of it. It sickens me. :mad:

I believe Hitler had the same idea as that too. If you didn't support Hitler you we're likely to be killed by the SS or imprisoned, either way labeled in a negative way (...sorta like being labeled a racist huh?). It's this sort of thinking that brings society down.

ObamaNation, that post is extremely offending and full of racism and hate.

ksb2050, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Oh really? And how have democrats fixed the problem, by making those poor victims of society more dependent on government?

ncz_nate, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    There are no rich people in a society without poor people doing all of their work for them. That's what a lot of the folks on the "100% free market" side of things just don't seem to understand. In the end everyone is richer (including the rich) by making sure that society is more fair and that those that really work hard (not people like us, but people who have real hard jobs where they have to wake up at 6 AM and do physical labor all day) have enough money to live a decent life.

Right now the rich are so much richer than the average person that it's caused an imbalance in our society - and I think that is at the core of today's economic problems. The last time things were so inequal? The late 1920s. It's no coincidence.

Zibblu, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  10. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Man Zibblu, it is spooky how much you and I think alike. Sometimes I read your posts, and I think to myself, that is EXACTLY what I would have put to print, which is interesting as I consider my political orientation rather unique. I respect that you are not afraid to call it how you see it, and not pull punches and soften things up to make the moderates feel better about things. The truth is the people who didnt vote for Obama are irrelevant at this point and like President Obama, you realize that.

Regarding your points about the abuse of the poor, how can anyone dispute that? Obviously the poor in this nation do all of the work, while the rich just sit back and enjoy the benefits. The neo-cons are always spreading the lie that the people with money in the states have the money because they worked longer, harder, and smarter, but truth be told, those with money, made their money on the backs of the poor. Essentially they stole it from the poor and I'm glad to see a president in office who finally recognizes that and is willing to do something to help take it back.

Obamanation, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  11. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    You don't even know what a free market is, it's hilarious when you try to make conclusions about it that have no supporting facts and are purely your own opinion.

ncz_nate, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  12. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    ncz_nate - I've listened to Dr. Paul talk about it on many occasions. I've done some research on it myself. I am not going to claim to be an expert on it - but I think it's quite clear that the idea of a 100% free market would simply not work in reality - I think it's something that sounds good in theory, or can sound good in theory but when that idea is actually practiced in the real world it ends up being a situation where there's a few very rich people and a lot of very poor people.

Zibblu, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  13. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    How? Are you suggesting it would be because of corporations? Monopolies? Tell me how.

Well let me ask you this, at what point in American history have we had a pure unregulated free market, and are you willing to say we have that now?

ncz_nate, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  14. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Trickle down economics + unregulated free market = the same thing.

Trickle down economics example: Bush tax cuts

Bush tax cuts result: Cash hording at the top tier of our economy (duh.. what did you expect?). Offshore accounts getting padded. Some of the worst job numbers since the depression.

GeorgeB., Apr 22, 2009 IP
  15. sampath kumar

sampath kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think My country will really welcome the vehicles that run on electricity..... we are already in shortage of electricity.....:rolleyes:

sampath kumar, Apr 22, 2009 IP
  16. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Wow that's so intellectual, what position are you trying out for, Democratic Congressman/woman?

It's so sad that America's future has absolutely no clue what a free market even is. I'm beginning to think the only place you may have learned about it was out of the same textbook in elementary school that was also cramming global warming down your throat.

ncz_nate, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  17. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe its the other way around. What happened was cheap credit and a housing bubble allowed people to borrow off their homes and get a 2nd mortage and treat it as an ATM machine and buy more cars and spend a lot on gas money. That kept the economy going, speculators in a fury which led to the oil bubble forming as a result.

domainer_10, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  18. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious, but lets play your game and assume its Bush's fault. Bush is now out of office, the democrats control both the white house and congress, our economy is in the worst recession since the great depression and oil is still at $50 a barrel or double what it was in 2000. What do you think the price of oil will be when the economy recovers?

soniqhost.com, Apr 26, 2009 IP