1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why I am not able to submit my site url to DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by artofmaking, Nov 1, 2009.

I am trying for last 2 years to submit my url to dmoz, but not getting approved whats the reason?

artofmaking, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  2. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by TRYING? According to the add page TRYING is defined by submitting ONCE. ;)

Submitting more then once will likely not get you banned, and in some cases can actually help you get listed... however, if by trying you mean submitting weekly, then you are likely flagged as a spammer.

Qryztufre, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  3. sequencehosting

sequencehosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't worry about it chances of getting in are near 0 now. My advice is after you submit your site once just forget about it.

Even IF Google does value a site in the DMOZ directory it will wear off soon because DMOZ is almost dead.

sequencehosting, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You probably answered your own question. When you say "trying" what have you been doing? If you submitted more than once, did you read the guidelines you agreed to when submitting about not submitting more than once? How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) should treat those that can not follow the guidelines?

Agent000, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  5. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ for certian sections takes ages, becuase their isnt enough people working for the site..

Connections, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  6. otcmarketbulls

otcmarketbulls Peon

Best Answers:
    May be your website goes in span because you have try to too much time to not follow the rules and regulation.

otcmarketbulls, Nov 4, 2009 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  7. caprichoso

caprichoso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or... may be there is a snaky editor just ignoring your submission on purpose. You will never know.

caprichoso, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is what's happened to mine.

popotalk, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  9. corrado vr6

corrado vr6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be an editor, your site or that Dmoz just gave up. if you want to get in to Dmoz it seems like you pretty much have to buy a site that is already in.
    Seems like it's time to move on. your efforts may be more valuable spent building some nice natural links.

corrado vr6, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  10. tomcash

tomcash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before you submit your site, go through your entire site and ensure that there are no missing graphics, no links leading to empty or non-existent pages and no "Under construction" symbols.

Also, check for typos and grammatical errors. Furthermore, your site must provide good content. If your site simply contains links to various affiliate programs, you will find it difficult to get through.

tomcash, Nov 24, 2009 IP
    Anonymously likes this.