1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Hostgator prices are too high?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by 3DProf4online, Sep 26, 2008.

1. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly true for me. I have been with those small companies that charge peanuts and I regretted it sorely. Hosting is not a simple matter, and I would honestly rather go with an established company like HG any day for reliability. And yes, there are some large hosting companies that are unreliable so I did a lot of research before choosing one to use. Right now I use Hosting Zoom and Host Gator as my main hosting companies and have no regrets! :D

einsteinsboi, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  2. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with you guys, HostGator is a reliable company that has a good reputation at the global webhosting market, but I think its pricing policy leaves much to be desired! Their packages are mainly oriented on customers who are going to host multiple websites only. Just take a look, they allow to host 1 website only at $9 per month! I think HG would have more customers if their pricing policy were better. For this reason I haven't selected HG despite the fact I was really going to select them! It is solely my opinion!

3DProf4online, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  3. Shivers

Shivers Active Member

Best Answers:
    They're always super reliable, fast tech support, and great uptime. I've never had a problem with them, unlike many other places.

Shivers, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  4. luxs

luxs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've got few sites there - I'm very happy and think that if you'd like to ave quality and reliability you should not to be afraid to pay more...

luxs, Oct 9, 2008 IP
  5. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    I think these guys spend a lot of money advertizing their services, that's why their prices are too high!

3DProf4online, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  6. bluetrendz

bluetrendz Peon

Best Answers:
    They have a Good support team, But over selling is always a danger ;)

bluetrendz, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  7. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    Hostgator price is expensive? You must be joking. They're offering one of the lowest price in the industry with that type of specification although we know they're overselling it.

dynashox, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  8. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    They have live chat and powerful servers.

Actually I think their shared hosting is a good price for the support and the amount of power they give you. BUT Their dedicated servers are too expensive though considering they don't even give you REAL managed hosting. You have to monitor your server 24/7 for uptime and have to contact them to fix it so its not true managed hosting I think. Other hosts do a proactive monitoring and most are cheaper for dedicated hosting too.

domainer_10, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  9. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Its not "Fully managed". They lie, just like they lie about "unlimited bandwith".

domainer_10, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  10. xtreme fever

xtreme fever Active Member

Best Answers:
    if you can not afford $10/month for good web hosting, something is wrong. you do not have to host with hostgator if you think their prices are too high. there are a zillion other hosting providers that i'm sure you can find one that will fit your needs. not sure how many $1/month hosting providers there are though.

xtreme fever, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  11. robb01

robb01 Guest

Best Answers:
    HG has been great for me, I have nothing but good things to say about their hosting [​IMG]

robb01, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  12. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:
    How many unique visitors are you getting on your account a month with hostgator SHARED hosting? Im getting about 50,000 unique visits a month. Just wondering how far I can go, 100,000 or more?

domainer_10, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  13. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i get 8000 uv's each day with hostgator shared server and its working fine

salaxzar, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  14. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

Wow. Is that According to Google Analytics? Are most of your sites simple text pages because I don't think my sites could get away with that traffic considering all my sites are database driven (all are wordpress blogs and smf forums). I would think I would wind up using too much resources or something if I approached anywhere near 8000 because they are database driven and none of my sites are based on static pages.

15. salaxzar

salaxzar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Naa ,not simple html pages...Its an adult forum with decent amount of mysql queries...

Google analytics shows around 6800 Uv's but analytics displays always less...With awstats and extremetracker i get 8k +

salaxzar, Oct 14, 2008 IP
  16. domainer_10

domainer_10 Peon

Best Answers:

I always consider Google analytics the true one because Awstats counts bot visits, which isn't real traffic.

Thanks for the info though, glad to know that hostgator shared account can probably handle up to 200,000 unique visits a month. I was wondering how much room for growth I could have in the future.

17. downloadthenet

downloadthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think I've ever read a bad review of hostgator, most are very good like this one http://webhostingsleuth.com/16/hostgator-review, and how can anyone say their shared hosting price is too much? I just wish I could get enough traffic to need an upgrade.

downloadthenet, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  18. Xcentric Media

Xcentric Media Peon

Best Answers:
    God help us all, if host gator's prices are too "low". What are you comparing their prices to?? If anything, they mid-range. If you want "high" try looking at what local hosting companies and web design firms charge their clients for hosting a month.

Xcentric Media, Oct 17, 2008 IP
  19. 3DProf4online

3DProf4online Peon

Best Answers:
    Xcentric Media, if Hostgator were low I would sign up their hosting services with a pleasure! :)

3DProf4online, Nov 4, 2008 IP