1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why has my 15 year old script stopped working?

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by Gomeza, Aug 17, 2021.

Back in 2006 I purchased a script generator called "Spinning PopUp Generator" or SPG for short. It produced Javascript code that created an effect of an image spinning from smaller to larger onto any position on the screen. It was intended as a sales tool, an eye catching popup for opt ins or to draw attention to products but I never used it for those purposes.
    Instead I screen captured the effect for my YouTube videos. I hadn't used it for a few years and when I returned to it the effect no longer works. I have tried several different browsers but still no luck.
    Can anyone tell me why this might have happened? If anyone has an interest in looking at the code I can upload it but be forewarned it is long.

Gomeza, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's probably a browser issue and trying it on different browsers won't help unless you can get really ancient versions of those browsers.

I reckon you could find a similar but modern script with no problem at all.

sarahk, Aug 18, 2021 IP
  3. Gomeza

Gomeza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for responding. I have searched extensively for a replacement script with no luck so will now concentrate my efforts on finding an old browser.

Gomeza, Aug 18, 2021 IP
  4. Gomeza

Gomeza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a copy of the Spinning Popup Generator: http://goldlynx.com/Spinning-Popup-Generator.zip ..... if anyone manages to get it to work please post how you did it. (Note that it is a Windows compiled eBook)

Gomeza, Aug 20, 2021 IP