1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Google Is not showing my full meta title

Discussion in 'SEO' started by jitendrag, Jan 29, 2014.

Why Google Is not showing my full meta title For example . In my home page I given Meta title as following
    Meta title = Buy computer parts online | buy computer accessories| keyboard
    But in Google search result it shows only
    Title :- "Computer parts - online eCommerce company"
    Why it’s happening and how to show my full meta tag ( 60 characters )

jitendrag, Jan 29, 2014 IP
  2. Joey.9999

Joey.9999 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has been modifying the title tags lately, I had the same issue on one of my money sites. In my case it was because they defined me as a brand and if I didn't put my brand in the title, they didn't put any of my keywords in the title tag. The best thing to do would be to isolate the problem check to see if happens on bing and yahoo for the right title tag and check your source code. I know wordpress has a lot of plugins to modify the title tag make sure one is not conflicting with the other. You do have the right amount of characters your allowed up to 70 that last time i checked. If everything is correct define yourself as a brand and put it at the end

for ex:

Buy computer parts online buy computer accessories| keyboard | NCIX

It might also be the format try

Format
    Primary Keyword - Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
    or
    Brand Name | Primary Keyword and Secondary Keyword

Joey.9999, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  3. johnfambrini

johnfambrini Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is Google's response on this issue:
    "If we’ve detected that a particular result has one of the above issues with its title, we may try to generate an improved title from anchors, on-page text, or other sources. However, sometimes even pages with well-formulated, concise, descriptive titles will end up with different titles in our search results to better indicate their relevance to the query. There’s a simple reason for this: the title tag as specified by a webmaster is limited to being static, fixed regardless of the query. Once we know the user’s query, we can often find alternative text from a page that better explains why that result is relevant. Using this alternative text as a title helps the user, and it also can help your site. Users are scanning for their query terms or other signs of relevance in the results, and a title that is tailored for the query can increase the chances that they will click through."

johnfambrini, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  4. jitendrag

jitendrag Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice.

jitendrag, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  5. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    It also happens to me. If I include my domain URL or part of it in title
    Like DOMAINNAME.COM or even just DOMAINNAME then Google edit my title and add my URL to the front of my title like:

"DOMAINNAME.COM: MY Title"

It's really annoying.

I had to change it back by editing out the domain Tdl (.com) and spacing out the words so DOMAIN NAME.

amcg, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  6. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I find this is happening maximum WordPress websites. Google is generating this as an automated system.

varindia, Feb 27, 2014 IP